cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Port

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

hey guys,

my parents are planning to move over to public. my mother wants to keep her phone at virgin for a bit longer, but she isnt the primary account holder. if i port my fathers account, will it close both accounts at virgin?

5 REPLIES 5

SgdFranklin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We just did something similar with Fido.  I ported my number, my wife will port later, however, the account is still active with Fido for now.

I suspect it'd be the same with Virgin.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gpixel wrote:

@popping I see, if he ports his number to pm. my mother's account will still be active at virgin, under my fathers name. 👍 thanks

Make sure to double check the correct phone number to be ported.  Otherwise, you will get an earful.

@popping I see, if he ports his number to pm. my mother's account will still be active at virgin, under my fathers name. 👍 thanks

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gpixel wrote:

hey guys,

my parents are planning to move over to public. my mother wants to keep her phone at virgin for a bit longer, but she isnt the primary account holder. if i port my fathers account, will it close both accounts at virgin?

The Virgin account owner owns both numbers.  After porting a number out, your father is still own the account with the remaining number.

It will be a separate account if Virgin did the credit check on your mother.

It does not matter whether both number in separate accounts or in one account.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel I would contact virgin and ask them. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.