cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Issues

nooobzor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

So here's the issue.. My wife had a public mobile a long time ago that went inactive. I tried to reactivate that same account about a month or so ago but found it to be blocked/disabled. 

This week I bought her a new sim card and attempted to create a new one. I don't know what happened but the payment failed and I can't login nor do anything once again.

Appreciate if a Public mobile staff could help us out. 

5 REPLIES 5

nooobzor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Appreciate the help. I will try to follow your tips and see if it helps. 😊

Thank you 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@nooobzor wrote:

Hello!

So here's the issue.. My wife had a public mobile a long time ago that went inactive. I tried to reactivate that same account about a month or so ago but found it to be blocked/disabled. 

@nooobzor  If the account was inactive for more than 90 days then you would need to start over. Was it more than 90 days? If not, then you would be able to reactivate it but from your description it sounds that it was more than 90 days, correct?

This week I bought her a new sim card and attempted to create a new one. I don't know what happened but the payment failed and I can't login nor do anything once again.

Yeah that happens a lot with the activation website. First try inserting the sim into the phone, if it connects to the PM network then it means that the payment was accepted. Click here to register your selfserve account. If the sim does not connect, then you need to wait at least an hour for the activation lock to clear and try the activation again. Best to use a desktop/laptop and a chrome browser in incognito mode. If you are still having issues then best to contact PM directly via message. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Appreciate if a Public mobile staff could help us out. 

PMFanatic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@nooobzor  I would recommend messaging the kind folks at the Moderator_Team via this link to investigate your account and to provide some additional insight into your issue.

It helps to provide a detailed description of your problem and what your resolution goals are so they can best assist. If you are having troubles contacting the Moderator_Team, refer to the following knowledge base link. Expect a response within 1 hour or up to 48 hours depending on volumes...

Best of luck!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@nooobzor 

Maybe try a different email address from previous old PM account. 

Double check your credit card to make sure that you weren't billed online.  If credit card was charged, you try the new PM SIM card in the phone.  

If not charged, maybe try again with a different website, clearing cache or going incognito.  Chrome incognito seems to work fine with PM.  

Billing address needs to match exactly the credit card billing address.  If apartment number, leave that section blank.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

After 90 days if account is inactive and has no payment then it will expire and a new account will need to be setup.

If you are using a credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also clear your cache.

Need Help? Let's chat.