cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Disabled

RenegadeDad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was a Public Mobile customer during the spring/summer, but had to travel to the US in August and October, so I switched to another provider that supported US Roaming. 

Now that Public Mobile offers US Roaming, I want to switch back to Public Mobile, but my old account is disabled. Can someone please reactivate it for me? 

9 REPLIES 9

Fix had the same problem.  I was able to create an account with another Emil address, signed up with temp number, paid for service.  Then I ported my number via self service, then changed my email to my desired email.

there was no other way around it.  I had to use another (old) email to create the account.  I've been here ever since.

ttomkins

If you take a look at http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit... you'll see that you only need to message or tag one moderator - making multiple requests doesn't get your issue looked at any sooner, it only makes the mods have to go through extra communcations.  It's also my understanding that the "read receipt" in PMs does not correctly show the status, ie. your message may have been read even though it says otherwise.

Support staff is apparently swamped from the recent promotion, and once you've initiated contact there's not much to do but wait or choose another provider.  I myself am in the same situation and I'm choosing to be patient.  🙂

RenegadeDad

So, I tagged and private messaged Saray_0 (MOD) on Sunday. I didn't hear anything from Saray for 24 hours, so I private messaged Brooke_C (PM) on Monday. I didn't hear from Brooke for 24 hours, so I sent Caroline_D (MOD) a private message on Tuesday. I also tagged her as well.

After reviewing my private messages, I can see that they haven't even been read yet.

How long does Public Mobile expect someone to wait for support?

If you have documented that your MOD's try to respond within 20-30 minutes, 3-4 days should never happen.

I'm not currently with Public Mobile, but planned to move over to them from Wind Mobile. I also planned to move my son and daughters plans over to Public Mobile from Bell. I'm getting the feeling that Public Mobile doesn't care about new business. After reading through a lot of people's complaints, It appears as though they don't care too much about their existing clients either.

If I don't hear back from a MOD within the next 24 hours, I'll take my business elsewhere.

@RenegadeDad wrote:

"The Self Serve username you have entered is not available. Please try again with a different email address."

I only have one email address and have no interest in setting up a new email address just so I can sign back up with Public Mobile.

Is there anyone in the community that's able to re-enable my old account?

Only a Public Mobile employee can get that done for you.  Contact a moderator. http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

RenegadeDad

The only place I can find to activate a SIM card is https://activate.publicmobile.ca/, which forces you to also create an account at the same time. When I fill out the entire form, using my email address, I get the following error message.

"The Self Serve username you have entered is not available. Please try again with a different email address."

I only have one email address and have no interest in setting up a new email address just so I can sign back up with Public Mobile.

Is there anyone in the community that's able to re-enable my old account?

@RenegadeDad you need to activate SIM first before you gain access to My Account. Once SIM is active go to My Account and click "Create account"

Enter your phone number & then enter registration code

Once this is done you can use same email address as before (the closed account)

RenegadeDad

I'm trying to start over. I've already ordered and received a new SIM card, but am unable to register it, as I can't get logged in. When I tried, the message stated my account was disabled and directed me to the "community" to get it resolved. Can you please help me get my account enabled?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

If its been 90 days since you left or ported out your number form public mobile, you will have to start all over again. 

Need Help? Let's chat.