cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Creation issue, website timed out when completing

susanmyraPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We were on the last step of the registration process... entered the credit card info.. clicked submit and then the page went to an error screen saying it timed out. 

I cannot log into the account we created.

Please help. 

6 REPLIES 6

Maurice2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This seems to be an ongoing issue with Public Mobile

I am not sure if the servers get overloads,,,  or their,, or your, internet connection is not fast enuff

I had the same issues when I tried to get myself connected ,, even had to wait 24 hours before it would let me re-register the SIM card number (as I tried too many times to register it)

what the other user suggested is good advice,, First check to see if your credit card or debit account has been charged,, if the payment has gone thru , you will have to check with a 'Moderator',, if it has not then the problem is in the Public Mobile activation computer itself  ..

you can try to activate again, if it will let you, or you may have to wait the wait the 24 hours (sorry)

having said all that  , I have been able to successfully activate two other accounts with Public Mobile,, what I did notice  it was during daytime hours,,  (my activation was in the late evening)

If you have your credit card or debit card number with the bank set to send you notifications when your account is charged ; you will notice that is the first chain of events when you click activate,, then after a few second it will say successful,  and then ask you if you want to check your data setting on your phone.

As i stated before  this seems to be an ongoing issue with Public Mobile,,, maybe they never anticipated so many people in Canada wanting a more affordable cellular service, ( and as they were bought out by Telus, I don't  think they want to put to much money into upgrading their registration equipment (( opinion only)),, )

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I can understand your frustration with this. if during the account creation process you encounter an error, it locks the application and only a moderator can fix it for you.

@susanmyraPM wrote:

Would the account be partially created / stuck in the system?

@susanmyraPM 

Your account would be partially created only if you were charged.  If not charged, you should be able to try again after waiting for a while (ie. one hour).  

susanmyraPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Would the account be partially created / stuck in the system?

@susanmyraPM 

If you were not charged, you can try again in one hour.  Clear cache.  Incognito mode.  Or try a different web browser. 

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@susanmyraPM Check to see if your credit card was charged. If so try the sim card in your phone and it may be activated.

For your account you may have to contact the moderators.

You can raise a ticket with the moderators:

1. By clicking on the question mark in the lower right or this link link and raise a ticket with SIMon.

Through a private message to the moderators by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.