cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Compromised, Please Help

nijoli93
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm writing this on behalf of my mom, who had her account hacked into and all the information changed. Is there anyway we could make a new account for her without having to change phone numbers? Her phone is currently working but her login has been disabled and we can't access it at all

3 REPLIES 3

@nijoli93 

I'd recommend you (or your mom) immediately change all other important account passwords. Email, voicemail, social media, and most especially any kind of online finances which could be linked to banking and credit cards.

Confirm the phone service is still working, if you haven't already. Try phoning out and try phoning in. Because if the number has been redirected elsewhere then all sorts of "2FA" identiy confirmations - like those one-time secret codes sent as text messages from your bank/etc - will also be redirected to somebody else.

You have the option of reporting the phone (and SIM card) as lost/stolen. Though I suppose you'll have to do it indirectly (through @CS_Agent) if you can't login to Self-Serve.

You may also have to buy a new PM SIM card ($10) if the old one has been compromised.

nijoli93
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the help, will do!

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@nijoli93 wrote:

I'm writing this on behalf of my mom, who had her account hacked into and all the information changed. Is there anyway we could make a new account for her without having to change phone numbers? Her phone is currently working but her login has been disabled and we can't access it at all

Moderators will assist you in getting back into your account.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Choose the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.