cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN settings for ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom?

bdrivein
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have made all the APN setting the same as shown in the community. But I am still not getting Data. The phone works for incoming and outgoing calls as well as texts but no internet. I have a 3G plan Thanks for your help Bob

Screenshot_20180102-172204.jpgScreenshot_20180102-172213.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bdrivein: How did this situation turn out? Were you able to get it sorted?

koimr1

I did NOT have to do a factory reset myself but that often solves these inexplicable issues so it might come to that.

Here's another thought though (and apologies if someone already asked you) but what is your "Preferred network type" set to? It should be "2G/3G/4G auto".

Also near that section select "Network operators" and then "Search networks". Give it a moment and see if it eventually displays "Public Mobile 4G" (I think that's what it says) - DON'T select it - instead click "Choose automatically" (will be near the top) and you should get a message saying "Registered on network".

Try that and see if that fixes it. 🙂

bdrivein

Thank you for your response. I chatted with  moderator via private message and she said everything seemed correct on my end. But I will need to do a factory reset to see if that will fix the problem. Did you have to do that / or why would I need to do that. 

koimr1

Both wife and I have this phone too and the listed APN works great!

Check the following:

1. The APN is actually selected - my SIM card added Telus and Koodo APNs so I manually entered the PM one and made sure to select it.
  2. Mobile data is enabled?
  3. Because this is a dual-SIM phone, do you have two SIM cards installed and if so which is specified for "Data service network" (it's in your Settings under the "Dual SIM Card settings" section)?
  4. Did you reboot after entering the APN and selecting it? I am pretty certain I had to do this myself.
  5. Your plan has data? Verify this in the Self-Serve site. Even if you know you signed up for it there may have been a glitch with your account.

If no luck with the above, definitely contact a moderator via private message by clicking here and specifying your email address and phone number plus a description of the problem. Good luck, it'll get sorted. 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@bdrivein, I would login and verify in self serve that data is on your plan.  I know you picked it but there may have been an issue loading it.  The other suggestion is to just make sure in your settings that you cellular data turned on.  A simple thing but sometimes it gets flicked off.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just to let you know I have the same phone, same APN settings as yourself and it works here. 

matbasm

@bdrivein,

Information on how to contact moderator team can be found here.

bdrivein

Still does not work how do I get a moderator's help?

bdrivein

I did that thank you.  I had to put in all the info manually 

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@bdrivein

Try the link below for the APN settings for your phone. It looks like everything is right except for maybe the APN roaming protocol.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/settings/1703_15_public_mobile_apn_settings_for_asus_zenfone_3_zoom.ph...

You can also try restarting the phone. It happened to my friend. Once the phone is restarted after activation, it was fine. 

closng

Hi @bdrivein,

Could you try deleting all auto populated APN settings on the phone and then manually adding the Public Mobile APN settings again?

Need Help? Let's chat.