cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACTIVATION

inno14u
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi
I have finished activating my SIM and fixed it in my android phone but it does not show network activity. When i check on available networks, it says 'no available networks'.

The APN values are uneditable but shows the same inputs except the name( Its telus instead of Public mobile)
What can I do next to start using my plan?

17 REPLIES 17

@inno14u  its locked to your previous provider contact them and ask them to unlock it for you.  If its a Samsung contact Samsung online.  You will need your imei number dial *#06# to get it. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@inno14u wrote:

oh yes..i have tried it in another phone and its asking me for Sim network unlock pin which it has denied

Then it would seem that both phones are locked to a previous provider. They will give you an unlock code (if in Canada). If it's a Samsung then they can too.

inno14u

oh yes..i have tried it in another phone and its asking me for Sim network unlock pin which it has denied

inno14u

my phone is now asking me for SIM network unlock pin
i have entered the pin i registered when activating the sim but it has denied it

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@inno14u do you have another phone available that you can insert the SIM into? That might help rule out a bad SIM card.

inno14u

rebooting failed to work
still shows no availble networks

inno14u

have done that and submitted a ticket but i will have to wait to get back to me in 48hrs

inno14u

yes i got the welcome email from PM
Let me try rebooting and see as suggested

inno14u

yes my phone is unlocked and has no previous service provider. It however shows me 2 service providers ie koodo and telus whose inputs i cannot edit

@inno14u  your activation may have failed you can contact customer support here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@inno14u @Are you sure your phone is unlocked?

inno14u

....and there is no signal on the signal bars as well

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@inno14u wrote:

Hi
I have finished activating my SIM and fixed it in my android phone but it does not show network activity. When i check on available networks, it says 'no available networks'.

The APN values are uneditable but shows the same inputs except the name( Its telus instead of Public mobile)

@inno14u hi is your phone unlocked? who was your last provider?

@inno14u wrote:

Hi

If the APN settings are that of Telus, your data won't work and you'll have to find a way to change those befeore you can use mobile data.  However, if the APN settings are incorrect, that wouldn't prevent you from connecting to the celluluar network, using voice services, and sending/receiving text messages.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@inno14u 

Maybe try rebooting your phone.  Network reset.  

If that does not work, more details may be helpful.

Did you port your number?  Which model phone do you have?

Was your credit card charged?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@inno14u wrote:

Hi

Did you receive a welcome email from PM?

If yes, your account is activated.  Restart your phone suggested by @gblackma.

If no, your SIM card may not activated yet.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@inno14u try restarting your phone. Turn it off,  wait 30 seconds and restart it.  Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.