cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACTIVATION BLUES - repost so more will see it

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

To all activating the promo plan with, or without transferring your number, PLEASE PLAN FOR THE WORST, while hoping for the best.

The best: activation and port-in completes within 24 hours without moderator intervention

THE WORST: moderator intervention is required and it takes a week to activate and port-in your number; read this old post for how to cope: Risk free activation This is the post to read if you get stuck: Contact moderator

EDIT Jan/20: Submitting a ticket via SIMon is supposed to be faster than private messaging. 

To get a ticket click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow/invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

Even with a week's delay I am sure PM's promo plan is worth the effort/aggro. 👍 👍

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
9 REPLIES 9

The consumer must be prepared too.  The consumer must do their research, and have a back-up plan available.  No service is 100%, it just doesn't happen.

I do agree, that Public Mobile should have been better prepared for this promotion, and should have had the various known bugs and glitches resolved or handled better, but the onus still relies on the customer to be prepared for problems.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Can't argue that

torontoireland
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You're right, it's not a bad idea to be prepared. Public Mobile is guilty of not being prepared.

@torontoireland Suggest you carefully review this topic: 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/SECURITY-OF-SERVICE/m-p/23214#M4783

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mike390

They are still promoting because a very small percentage of users are having problems. The only reason it seems like alot of them are is because those who activated successfully have no reason to post here.  It is not PM's fault that this is affecting your work because it has been made clear here in multiple places that porting could either take 2 mins or several days.  Its up to you to prepare for the worst case scenario.  

I made arrangements to borrow a phone from someone else so that I could use a prepaid simcard in case there were any issues. Thankfully it didnt come to that but its not a bad idea to be prepared.

Rockdaddy22
Not disastrous to the thousands signing up successfully.

torontoireland

Not when it's affecting your work. This is disastrous. They are still promoting on social media despite all the problems.

Rockdaddy22
Please remember, that's the worst case scenario. Best case scenario port can happen an a minute or 2.

When porting, please try and include the account number of the previous carrier, better to avoid problems. I know it's an option but it shouldn't be.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good luck to all those with activation or porting issues.  Our hearts are with our public mobile brethren

Need Help? Let's chat.