cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACER Z630 looking to change APN settings

claireaglass
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I just signed up for Public Mobile....I checked the IMEI number to see if my Acer phone was compatible, which Public Mobile said it was.

Now I have my SIM card in, I made the switch and am looking to change my APN settings and my phone isn't available on the website link provided? I'm not sure what to do - I really don't have the money to buy a new phone but apparently now I can't use mine?

Many thanks for the help

12 REPLIES 12

claireaglass

You are such a hero. Many thanks for the help!

Rodrigo_C
Customer Support Agent

Hello claireaglass,

thank your for letting us know about this issue.

Please send us a Private Message so we can verify your account, and find out what is causing your data to stop working. 

Regards,

Rod.

Public Mobile Moderator Team.

@claireaglass wrote:

Here's the problem (forgive me if I have a hard time explaining, I am terrible at this stuff).

To change the APN, I used the website that Public Mobile supplied and thats where I couldn't find my specific phone. I double checked it's compatibility on another website and it said it was. So I just can't find the specific specs for the Acer Z630 T03.

I can add/ change it using my device but I don't know what to change them to? I tried using the information for a similar brand of phone but that's probably why the data isn't working?

Okay, we are almost there.  The APN settings are not phone specific, they are carrier specific.  The link I gave you earlier on setting up the Public Mobile APN was covered in this knowledge base article.  I invite you to look at the other knowledge base articles in your spare time to learn about other aspects of this service you might be interested in knowing.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

Near the lower part of the knowledge base article is this link which is the Public Mobile APN.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

In essense, there are four fields that need data entry: APN, MMSC, MMS proxy, MMS proxy port.  I also put defaul,supl,mms into the APN type field.  More often than not, a blank default in that field will work fine.   

claireaglass

Here's the problem (forgive me if I have a hard time explaining, I am terrible at this stuff).

To change the APN, I used the website that Public Mobile supplied and thats where I couldn't find my specific phone. I double checked it's compatibility on another website and it said it was. So I just can't find the specific specs for the Acer Z630 T03.

I can add/ change it using my device but I don't know what to change them to? I tried using the information for a similar brand of phone but that's probably why the data isn't working?

claireaglass

Hey! Thank you for reaching out. It is now functioning as a telephone (I can call and text and Public Mobile is the name in the top left corner). However, now the data isn't working. I do have it turned on and have restarted my phone a few times.

I did port my old number from Freedom...

@claireaglass wrote:

It is, yes....it seems to all be working except my data now?

Are you able to check/add APN?  That is likely the stumbling block for data.  Check also that mobile data is enabled and that usage limits if set are not at their limits. 

claireaglass

It is, yes....it seems to all be working except my data now?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@claireaglass, the add APN function is normally found in settings/mobile network/access point names.  There is a + the top of the screen to add user specified APNs.  Towards the bottom of this knowledge base article there is information on the Public Mobile APN settings.  The APN settings are universal, not phone specific.  Give this a try and see it it works for you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

Edit:  Just to be sure, is this the model of phone in question?

https://www.frequencycheck.com/compatibility/2dpvH4j/acer-liquid-z630-lte-t03/canada

@Lieux wrote:

You can try with this site to verify if your phone will work... willmyphonework....good luck and let us know...

I do admire your desire to be helpful.  Please provide feedback only after doing some thinking around the problem instead of throwing stuff against the wall hoping something will stick.  The issue is about how to change APN settings.  What does that have to do with will my phone work?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@claireaglass wrote:

Hi there,

I just signed up for Public Mobile....I checked the IMEI number to see if my Acer phone was compatible, which Public Mobile said it was.

Now I have my SIM card in, I made the switch and am looking to change my APN settings and my phone isn't available on the website link provided? I'm not sure what to do - I really don't have the money to buy a new phone but apparently now I can't use mine?

Many thanks for the help

Is your phone showing Public Mobile at the top notification bar?

Can you call out or send out text message?

I Google ACER Z630 specs and cannot find any detailed 3G supported frequencies.  It may not support the frequencies used by PM.

It supports GSM/2G for sure.  Only Rogers supports GSM until December 2020.

If you cannot dial out or send text, your phone may not work with PM.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

But it can be a different problem too... can you say more about yyour problem?? Which message on your screen do you have? Did you port your number? Can you text or call???....

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

You can try with this site to verify if your phone will work... willmyphonework....good luck and let us know...

Need Help? Let's chat.