cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A referrals referral

LeafLife
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey,

i am curious if my referrals (a lot sent out) can refer their friends and if there is a benifit for me by my referral sending out more referrals. Like maybe $0.50 off your bill as a 2nd level referral? If not - that’s a cool idea to implement 😉. Thoughts? 

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LifeWorthLiving wrote:

I LOVE this as an idea! It would be amazing if a company would take advice like this and run with it. Sometimes all it takes is an idea to make a company go from good to Great! #buildingagreatbusiness

I think the post just above from will13am is exactly clever. Referrals drop when someone leaves. So if you have multiple referrals then if they do referrals then they would be motivated to keep THEIR referrals rolling which keeps YOUR referrals rolling.

It's only a dollar. But they all add up when they all stay with PM by way of their referrals staying with PM. And everybody wins.

LifeWorthLiving
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I LOVE this as an idea! It would be amazing if a company would take advice like this and run with it. Sometimes all it takes is an idea to make a company go from good to Great! #buildingagreatbusiness

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@LeafLifeIf you really want tons of referrals.. volunteer at a senior center or an extended care center.. those places have huge demands for things like Public Mobile.. there is a volunteer I know that got so many referals he spread them over his family's accounts. He always walks around with vouchers and SIM cards all ready to go.

Just don't step on to other people's toes though as it can be cut throat.

@Psygineer wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

no.  there is no such thing (almost sounds like you wnat a type of pyramid scheme). 

We are lucky to have the referrals and rewards.  I am sure many people would not put up with all the  site and technical issues if it was not for the financial incentive.

Admittedly the referral system I don't care about. I don't like the idea of begging for referrals or even suggesting someone use my referral after I help them because it makes it feel like I only helped them for the reward. I'm just weird that way. It's the loyalty reward that keeps me here for sure (plus I really have no where else to go, I doubt Lucky would be any more stable due to same towers and there isn't any other viable pre-pay here. I am out of zone for Chatr. Freedom is available, but even though they currently have better plans for $1 more, I am happy enough here and the longer I stay the cheaper it will get. ) The community rewards are nice too but I'd still help out around here the best I could even if they did not exist. I don't really need bribed to help people.

I would not put it that way.  I do see the referral reward as a small stipend for taking the effort to bring customers over to Public Mobile.  That said, I won't bring people to this service if this service is not suitable for them in terms of plan features and value.  Those who I refer are very loyal.  With the exception of the great migration to Koodo last year, my referrals are here to stay.  I encourage those I refer to refer others.  If that happens, it secures my referral.  

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

no.  there is no such thing (almost sounds like you wnat a type of pyramid scheme). 

We are lucky to have the referrals and rewards.  I am sure many people would not put up with all the  site and technical issues if it was not for the financial incentive.

Admittedly the referral system I don't care about. I don't like the idea of begging for referrals or even suggesting someone use my referral after I help them because it makes it feel like I only helped them for the reward. I'm just weird that way. It's the loyalty reward that keeps me here for sure (plus I really have no where else to go, I doubt Lucky would be any more stable due to same towers and there isn't any other viable pre-pay here. I am out of zone for Chatr. Freedom is available, but even though they currently have better plans for $1 more, I am happy enough here and the longer I stay the cheaper it will get. ) The community rewards are nice too but I'd still help out around here the best I could even if they did not exist. I don't really need bribed to help people.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Ooooo I love the idea.

But I really doubt it.

Imagine the nightmare of tracking when you get a message that one of your t referrals doesn't have an inactive account, do you lose all the 2nd levels or do they keep list someplace. The maintenance of it could be pretty expensive.

But I believe everyone here (except poor mods that would have to deal with it) would love it

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@LeafLifePublic Mobile still hasn't fixed the contact form link for people who are having problems porting.. you think they will implement anything new? They are doing the bare minimal to keep the site going with plenty of pressure points to urge people to upgrade.

Need Help? Let's chat.