cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A friendly reminder that comes from experience

jclaydon2018
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Whenever you need to contact the Mods, each response, requires extra time to resolve your issue.  So when you first contact them, save yourself a step by giving them your phone number, and your pin code.

If you don't know your pin code, then be sure to include the other info they will ask you for, i just can't remember what that is at the moment, but I'm sure someone else can chime in! lol

This is as much to remind myself as to remind anyone else..

cheers

-James

4 REPLIES 4

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jclaydon2018 wrote:

Whenever you need to contact the Mods, each response, requires extra time to resolve your issue.  So when you first contact them, save yourself a step by giving them your phone number, and your pin code.

If you don't know your pin code, then be sure to include the other info they will ask you for, i just can't remember what that is at the moment, but I'm sure someone else can chime in! lol

cheers

-James

In your message please include:
    • PM Phone Number
    • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    1. account number
    2. date of birth
    3. complete address listed on account with postal code
    4. email address on account
    5. most commonly called number
    6. alternate number listed on the account
    7. last payment date and amount
    8. last 4 digits of the credit card
    • Detailed explanation

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jclaydon2018 wrote:

cheers

-James

I also include account number and email address just in case I type the wrong pin. 

If you have more than one PM account and your request is not related to the PM account linked to your community account, please include the email addres of that account also.

It is also important to include a line of the thread you talk about your issue.  Moderator can determine what help you got before sending the private message.

For porting issue, please include the following info:

- Name used on previous carrier 

- Account number of previous carrier 

- Phone number to be ported 

- Alternate number that they can call you in case of more info is needed.

- What you have tried to correct the problem etc.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

My macro includes account number and PIN.  I also remind people that they need to be verbose and err on the side of saying too much when explaining their problem and how they want the fix to be applied.  If there is missing description there, the discussion can go back and forth a few times.  

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@jclaydon2018 wrote:

cheers

-James

This is an excellent reminder. Thank you for trying to help james 🙂

@jclaydon2018 wrote:

Its a safe bet to include everything you can to prevent the need for further contact. Since everything is already on file and accessbile to the moderator team there is no reason not to include your birthday, home address, billing info, plan details, etc

Need Help? Let's chat.