cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A bit peeved

Crusherfied
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I signed up back in September. I'm not on auto pay yet, but will be soon. I got a text about the 9th and/or 10th of December that it was time for a new cycle and that I should pay. They said the cycle would end on the 11th. Now, in every other circumstance that I have ever been in, when they say something ends on a certain date, they mean 11:59pm of that date. Not so with Public Mobile, apparently. Now the other months when I got that reminder text, I made my payment on the 10th, but this time I ended up waiting till the 11th. So on the 11th, I woke up in the morning, rushed out the door and went to work for nearly a 12 hour day. That means when I got home, it was well past normal business hours. I found out during the course of the day that my account was suspended. What the heck? The day hadn't ended yet, why was my account suspended?

So when I got home I made my payment. But my account remained suspended. I went to work the next (I rely on my phone at work btw) day and still on suspension. I dialed the 611 service and cycled through all the options trying to glean any info I could about why I was still suspended. I accidently found out that account service ends at 6:00am in the morning of the 11th. WHAT THE HECK!!! Since when do things end at that specific time? How usless is that? I'm usually not even awake at that time in the morning. When I got home, I made an aditional $1 payment, and that reactivated my account. Seems like everything is working now. 

But there is another problem now. My wife, who refered me, said she was contacted by PM saying that one of her referees (me) had cancelled their service and that she would loose her $1/month referal. DOUBLE WHAT THE HECK!!!??? I was less than a day getting my payment in, (according to PM) and they are going to ding her???? That's BS. Any way to resolve this people? I feel PM is doing this 6:00am thing on purpose to mess with people. I know they want me on auto pay, which I will do, but if they say things end on the 11th, then it should end at the end of the day and not 6 in the morning.

Finally, I use my phone for business purposes, and I need to submit a copy of my phone bill for accounting purposes. But I can't find anyway to get an actual bill, paper or digital. Any help there folks?

Thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Crusherfied, I know exactly how you feel. Been there the first couple of cycles. And once you figure things out with the Autopay, it's all good. 

@Anonymous made a great suggestion by adding money to your account before the expiry date so that when Autopay hits, your account won't get suspended. I have been doing this as well. And sometimes, what I do, I put in money a week ahead of the schedule just in case Public Mobile website goes down for maintenance. And if it does, then you basically could run into a little trouble! 

You had mentioned that this is for business too. The main reason why PM rates are so cheap is that it's not like the other companies. @austinhuang did exactly what the moderators need. The time frame ranges in getting back to you. But they send you a weird file, an xps file extension. And it should take less than 30 days for them to send the file to you.

Because am on Mac, I had a heck of a time to figure how to do this. And I found this great tip on opening and viewing this file. And save it as a PDF if need be:

Opening the .XPS file in a google email account is what is needed. So, send an email to yourself in Gmail and when you get it, click on the attachment and it should open in a viewer pop-up box. Don't download it, as it will still download as an XPS file. Once in the viewer, click the print document icon in the upper window toolbar and it can be save as a PDF file to your Mac at that point. Or you can just print multiple copies for your yourself, the tax man or the business expenses account. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

I know exactly how you feel. Been there the first couple of cycles. And once you figure things out with the Autopay, it's all good. 

@Anonymous made a great suggestion by adding money to your account before the expiry date so that when Autopay hits, your account won't get suspended. I have been doing this as well. And sometimes, what I do, I put in money a week ahead of the schedule just in case Public Mobile website goes down for maintenance. And if it does, then you basically could run into a little trouble! 

You had mentioned that this is for business too. The main reason why PM rates are so cheap is that it's not like the other companies. @austinhuang did exactly what the moderators need. The time frame ranges in getting back to you. But they send you a weird file, an xps file extension. And it should take less than 30 days for them to send the file to you.

Because am on Mac, I had a heck of a time to figure how to do this. And I found this great tip on opening and viewing this file. And save it as a PDF if need be:

Opening the .XPS file in a google email account is what is needed. So, send an email to yourself in Gmail and when you get it, click on the attachment and it should open in a viewer pop-up box. Don't download it, as it will still download as an XPS file. Once in the viewer, click the print document icon in the upper window toolbar and it can be save as a PDF file to your Mac at that point. Or you can just print multiple copies for your yourself, the tax man or the business expenses account. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Crusherfied wrote:

So I signed up back in September. I'm not on auto pay yet, but will be soon. I got a text about the 9th and/or 10th of December that it was time for a new cycle and that I should pay. They said the cycle would end on the 11th. Now, in every other circumstance that I have ever been in, when they say something ends on a certain date, they mean 11:59pm of that date. Not so with Public Mobile, apparently. Now the other months when I got that reminder text, I made my payment on the 10th, but this time I ended up waiting till the 11th. So on the 11th, I woke up in the morning, rushed out the door and went to work for nearly a 12 hour day. That means when I got home, it was well past normal business hours. I found out during the course of the day that my account was suspended. What the heck? The day hadn't ended yet, why was my account suspended?

@Crusherfied glad you got the service working again.  I want to touch on the one bit Iquoted above.  One important detail you may have overlooked is that public mobile plans are not monthly plans, they are exactly-30-day plans.  This means that your payment and renewal dates move, they are not fixed to a specific day every month.  You signed up in September, which is a month with 30 days, so your payment date in October would been unchanged.  But October has 31 days, which means your payment date and renewal date both move forward one day in November.  November again has 30 days, so your December payment date and renewal date remain the same as they were in November.  December has 31 days, so next month in January, make sure you make your payment 1 day earlier.  February follows a 31-day month of January, so your dates will move forward 1 day again in February.  Since Feb has only 28 days, your payment and renewal dates actually move back 2 days in March.  And so on.  Hopefully this makes sense.  Every 30 days, not every month.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crusherfied

It's not exactly that they want you on autopay. They'll reward you for it. But you don't have to.

Here's a tip. Set up autopay. The day before your last day, top up manually with the credit card on file or pay using vouchers. Then the credit card never actually gets hit at autopay. Autopay has had some flakiness for some people. Some. That way you get the $2 reward but it doesn't ever really get triggered.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crusherfied wrote:

Ok, sounds good. I accidently hit the TAB button and ENTER and my post submitted b4 I was done typing. Can anyone help me with a solution to getting an invoice for my accounting?

I edited my post before you posted this after all your OP edits 🙂

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Crusherfied wrote:

Ok, sounds good. I accidently hit the TAB button and ENTER and my post submitted b4 I was done typing. Can anyone help me with a solution to getting an invoice for my accounting?

@CrusherfiedYou have send a message to the moderator team for that also.

@austinhuang wrote:

You will need to Ask a moderator. Some people reported that getting an invoice takes a long time (2~4 weeks, up to 30 days or 30 business days).

As per written here, you'll need:

First name:
Last name:
Street address:
Suite/Apartment (if applicable):
City:
Province:
Postal Code:
Customer phone number:
Account #
Email address (if possible):
Requested Month / Period:
Amount paid:

Crusherfied
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crusherfied

Yup.

When you go into your self-serve, the date is the day you should top up. If you have autopay setup (which you didn't) then it would say the next day in the payment page.

Here's the chronology starting on your last day of service like the main date in self-serve:

At 7pm ET it'll say Plan Expired in red. At 00:00 ET it'll say suspended. Around 12:20am ET it'll convert any rewards into Available Funds. Around 2am ET it'll renew from Available Funds and if not enough there it'll go to autopay for the rest and if that doesn't succeed then it will stay suspended and turn off the service. Until then your service should stay working. Don't worry about all the dire warnings until your service stops working. Then finally around noon ET if all is good you'll get a text saying all is good.

Edit: The referral will return.

Edit: You keep editing your post. Yes. This is a pre-paid service. You pay for 30 days (or 90). That's it. 30 days goes by and they can't find payment...done.

You have to send a private message to the mods to ask for some kind of receipt/invoice. Apparently it can take upwards to a month to get it.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CrusherfiedGlad everything worked out. The referral should kick back in within 72 hours. If the $1 credit does not come back the moderator team can manually put it back.

After 72 hours if you do not see the $1 referral then the moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly.

Need Help? Let's chat.