cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jesscusw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

today my family experienced a health related emergency, my son is 12 years old and is completely deaf and does not talk nor does he talk on the phone 

does public mobile offer 911 texting should we be in this situation again?

5 REPLIES 5

jesscusw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

he is very happy about this 

thanks everyone for your help

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Glad you inquired @jesscusw! PM and other carriers need to stay up-to-date on these items. Hope your son feels more safe knowing he can reach out for help if he needs it.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jesscusw wrote:

Hello

today my family experienced a health related emergency, my son is 12 years old and is completely deaf and does not talk nor does he talk on the phone 

does public mobile offer 911 texting should we be in this situation again?

Hi @jesscusw

Yes, we offer T911 functionality. First, check your device compatibility as per Page 3 of this document. If your son is using a supported device, you can add T911 as a free Add-On within Self-Serve - here's how:

1. Log in to Self-Serve.

2. Click on the "Plans and Add-Ons" tab.

3. Click "My Add-Ons".

4. Scroll down to the calculator and find "T9-1-1 Service - Hearing or Speech" under the Talk column.

5. Add this option and click the button "Buy Add-On".

Thanks @Jorno for pointing out that the old documentation needs an update - this will be updated with these new steps!

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

While I have never contacted Public Mobile about Text with 911, I believe the current method for registration is to contact the Moderator Team*.

@Alan_K, would you please review the "Registration" section of "Text with 911" in the E911_EN.pdf and the "Inscription" section of "Service 911 Texte" in the E911_FR.pdf and update accordingly?

Thank you.

*Please see the knowledge base article The Public Mobile Moderator Team for details on how to contact moderators.

aip0401
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes, PM appears to offer such a service.  According to their E911 policy, you need to send them an email by visiting http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/contact-us to register for T911 service. Registration is free of charge.

More specific details can be found in their E911 policy PDF (please see page 2).

Need Help? Let's chat.