cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 day plan?

slewin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is just curiosity.  I noticed in a few places a 90 day plan being mentioned, but I can not see anything other than 30 day plans.  I am guessing there was one in the past that was discontinued?  I also noticed mention of LTE plans, but only see 3G.

Personally I am happy with the 3G which is why I am using PM, but the idea of a 90 day play is intriguing if it was more affordable.

5 REPLIES 5

slewin

Oh, I see. I would have probably have done the same thing.  For me there is almost no difference between 3G and LTE

The 90-day plans used to work out about $2 cheaper than three 30-day counterparts.

Then PM changed things so the 90-day plans didn't work out any cheaper.

Then PM discontinued offering them, claiming a lack of customer interest, lol. The plan building calculator was quietly taken offline. Customers can only choose one of the basic plans being offered, they're all 30-day.

But, PM evolved their basic plans into even better deals across every parameter except the US Talk and LTE Data options.

I also started with the $90/90-day plan (which actually cost $88 before AutoPay or other Rewards, lol) but eventually switched to $25/30-day plan (which replaced 1GB at LTE with 3x1GB at "3G").

The only way to get an active 90-day legacy PM plan now is to procure it from someone else. They'd have to willingly relinquish the associated account (now including at least 3 years of Loyalty Reward), the SIM card, and the phone number. And transferring accounts is technically disallowed in the Terms of Use (even though people have done it and PM has tolerated it). Good luck.

@slewin wrote:

Too bad.  I am happy with the 30 day plans, but I would be willing to have a 90 day plan to save a tiny bit extra.  🙂

I used to have the $90/90 days 1Gb LTE plan until they introduced the $25/1GB plan. I got that in a jiff. So i would say 30 days plans are cheaper as long as you are okay with the 3G speed. On top of this we get the usual rewards ($2 AutoPay, $1/year, $5 max Loyalty). 

slewin

Too bad.  I am happy with the 30 day plans, but I would be willing to have a 90 day plan to save a tiny bit extra.  🙂

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@slewin All 90 days plan were retired a while ago. They only offer 30 days 3G plans now.  

Need Help? Let's chat.