cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

8UC1 and 8UC2 error messages when dialing a specific land line

I started getting 8UC1 and 8UC2 error messages when dialing a specific land phone number - my parents in the same area. Happens with both PM phones I have access to.  Line is accessible as usual when I got my son to call the same number using his non-PM phone.

All other numbers seem OK so far.

Ideas??

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: 8UC1 and 8UC2 error messages when dialing a specific land line

@tjjgr wrote:

When the same landline calls my number, the call gets through.

@tjjgr If that's the case then you need to submit a ticket to PM so that the Technical department can investigate.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tjjgr  I found another thread on these forums, with a similar error message, and apparently the solution was to add a "1" in front of the number when calling. I have no idea if that'll do the trick, but it couldn't hurt to give it a shot. Let us know if it works.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tjjgr wrote:

I started getting 8UC1 and 8UC2 error messages when dialing a specific land phone number - my parents in the same area. Happens with both PM phones I have access to.  Line is accessible as usual when I got my son to call the same number using his non-PM phone.

All other numbers seem OK so far.

Ideas??

@tjjgr  Did you get a new phone or make changes to your contacts recently?  Did you just get back from vacation? What happens when you try to dial the number directly?

If you can make calls to other numbers then more than likeley the problem is on the receiving end.

Highlighted

I tried with and without the '1' (10 or 11-digit dialing), with the same results.

Also tried dialing another landline in the same exchange and area code - worked fine.

Highlighted

Made no recent changes, and both my phone and my wife's phone are affected when dialing the 1 number.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tjjgr wrote:

Made no recent changes, and both my phone and my wife's phone are affected when dialing the 1 number.

@tjjgr  What happens when the landline calls your number?

Highlighted

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tjjgr wrote:

@tjjgr If that's the case then you need to submit a ticket to PM so that the Technical department can investigate.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I'm having the same issue with 8UC1, 8UC2 and once, 8UC3.

I understand the preferred fix is to report it via ticket, but can't find anywhere to submit one. Can you provide the ticket portal link please?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@JustinL contact a moderator  click on the? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator       check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours