cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$60 plan with US roaming

gbrine1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the $60 with the 2G’s roaming in the US. Went to the US earlier this month and was not able to access the internet’s once when I wasn’t on wifi. What’s up with that? Help, going back at the end of December until middle of April.

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rohit wrote:

It is possible that plan takes to activate or you have turned data roaming setting of in phone...

@Rohit 

Welcome to Public Mobile and to participating in the community.

This thread has been marked as solved as indicated by the check mark. At this point, there's no real need to add more suggestions.

Just fyi. There's no law against doing so. Just letting you know.

Rohit

It is possible that plan takes to activate or you have turned data roaming setting of in phone...

@gbrine1 wrote:

Is it possible that it just didn’t work because the network is too weak?  I know the roaming setting on my phone was on and that I had AT&T as a provider but it didn’t give me any service the whole week.

Did you try rebooting the phone and switching between AT&T and T-Mobile to see if the other network had a better service for where you were? 

The moderators should be informed that the data didn't work for you so that they can help troubleshoot before your next trip.

gbrine1

Is it possible that it just didn’t work because the network is too weak?  I know the roaming setting on my phone was on and that I had AT&T as a provider but it didn’t give me any service the whole week.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gbrine1 

After you arrive at your US destination, enable data roaming and restart your phone to setup your phone automatically.  You will be connected to AT&T or T-Mobile network.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Please contact moderators by clicking question mark.

Some people reported issues with roaming, you may have to select provider manually

But check that you do have 2g in your data and Add-Ons list, if not do contact Moderators p please

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gbrine1 wrote:

I have the $60 with the 2G’s roaming in the US. Went to the US earlier this month and was not able to access the internet’s once when I wasn’t on wifi. What’s up with that? Help, going back at the end of December until middle of April.

You did have roaming turned on, I'm guessing?

You should probably ask the moderators to look into it before your next trip, submit a ticket via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in 'rep', then select 'contact us', then 'submit ticket' and follow the rest of the prompts to complete your submission.

Need Help? Let's chat.