cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$60 US/CAN plan not working in US.

41i5h4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for the US/Can plan for $60 with 8GB of data and 2GB data roaming last week. I am currently in the US and my iphone will not connect to the american tower and I cannot send or receive texts/calls/use data. I have taken it off "automatic network selection" and tried to manually connect it to the Northeast wireless. It has a checkmark next to it, but it still says "no service" at the top of my phone, even after restarts. My roaming is on, my cellular data is on, I've switched my cellular data network APN to sp.mb.com (although I do not see where I can put in the MMS data). I'm not sure what else to do. Everything worked fine in Canada.

5 REPLIES 5

@41i5h4 wrote:

It doesn't. It goes back to "no service". In order for me to get options of networks I have to turn it off automatic network selection, and even then I just get northeast wireless, us cellular, 311-589 (sprint?), and verizon. The t-mobile network coverage map says I should be covered, but it doesn't come up as an option. It might be my building. I know I've connected to t-mobile here before, but with bell I used to connect through northeast wirele tvss.

@41i5h4  Can you loging to your selfserve account and check your account to make sure your account is active. Do you have an iPhone? No Service is alarming you should also contact the PM moderator team to check your account from their end. Something is messed up.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

While waiting for the moderator if you have an iPhone maybe access your itunes via WiFi just in case of updates.

41i5h4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It doesn't. It goes back to "no service". In order for me to get options of networks I have to turn it off automatic network selection, and even then I just get northeast wireless, us cellular, 311-589 (sprint?), and verizon. The t-mobile network coverage map says I should be covered, but it doesn't come up as an option. It might be my building. I know I've connected to t-mobile here before, but with bell I used to connect through northeast wireless.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@41i5h4 wrote:

I signed up for the US/Can plan for $60 with 8GB of data and 2GB data roaming last week. I am currently in the US and my iphone will not connect to the american tower and I cannot send or receive texts/calls/use data. I have taken it off "automatic network selection" and tried to manually connect it to the Northeast wireless. It has a checkmark next to it, but it still says "no service" at the top of my phone, even after restarts. My roaming is on, my cellular data is on, I've switched my cellular data network APN to sp.mb.com (although I do not see where I can put in the MMS data). I'm not sure what else to do. Everything worked fine in Canada. if

@41i5h4  Set your phone to autoselect neteorks. Put your phone in airplane mode for 15 minutes. Remove airplane mode. What happens does it connect to T-Mobile or AT&T?

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@41i5h4 wrote:

I signed up for the US/Can plan for $60 with 8GB of data and 2GB data roaming last week. I am currently in the US and my iphone will not connect to the american tower and I cannot send or receive texts/calls/use data. I have taken it off "automatic network selection" and tried to manually connect it to the Northeast wireless. It has a checkmark next to it, but it still says "no service" at the top of my phone, even after restarts. My roaming is on, my cellular data is on, I've switched my cellular data network APN to sp.mb.com (although I do not see where I can put in the MMS data). I'm not sure what else to do. Everything worked fine in Canada.

Roaming agreement is with T-Mobile & AT&T. So switch to one of those two networks 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@41i5h4 

Try to connect to AT&T or T mobile carriers if available in your area.  These are the two US mobile partners.  Maybe reboot your phone.  Turn on airplane mode for a few minutes, then turn off airplane mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.