cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GB bonus offer

esstlouis4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I ordered a SIM online to get the 5GB bonus deal. The email address I used is one I currently have with my other PM account so when I go to activate the new acocunt online it wont let me because it says the email address is in use.  Is there anyway to fix this because in order to take advantage of the offer I have to use the email address that I used to order the SIM online.

Thanks in advance,

9 REPLIES 9

@Anonymous wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

I changed the address of my first pm account and later i used the origins email for the new account, just because it reflects better my usage not fit any other reason (my usual address was linked to koodo which may be able to cause issues so i wanted to avoid it) if you are tight with time it's worth a shot

How is it that clever people can figure out clever work arounds? 🙂

Nicely done.

-----------------

Edit: Since I'm still last poster...

I ordered the SIM, got it the next Friday (rural out west), activated yesterday (a week later) with autopay and referral and took a bit of time selecting a number and even fiddled with custom 4 digits, called the chosen # to see if someone would answer before finishing, got a peculiar autopay immediate credit, saw the referral on the referring account...all good.

Overnight, got the $10 referral credit and the 5gb promo. Done. Thanks PM.

Wow thank you so much for  such a beautiful complement

And I'm so glad it worked out for you.

When I try to do something the last day there is usually a storm with bad power outage or something just as catastrophic 🙂

I'm not a big fan of fish sales for that reason, I like to have a bit more time

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kselmak wrote:

I changed the address of my first pm account and later i used the origins email for the new account, just because it reflects better my usage not fit any other reason (my usual address was linked to koodo which may be able to cause issues so i wanted to avoid it) if you are tight with time it's worth a shot

How is it that clever people can figure out clever work arounds? 🙂

Nicely done.

-----------------

Edit: Since I'm still last poster...

I ordered the SIM, got it the next Friday (rural out west), activated yesterday (a week later) with autopay and referral and took a bit of time selecting a number and even fiddled with custom 4 digits, called the chosen # to see if someone would answer before finishing, got a peculiar autopay immediate credit, saw the referral on the referring account...all good.

Overnight, got the $10 referral credit and the 5gb promo. Done. Thanks PM.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Bandsaw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@geopublic wrote:

@esstlouis4 wrote:

Hi,

I ordered a SIM online to get the 5GB bonus deal. The email address I used is one I currently have with my other PM account so when I go to activate the new acocunt online it wont let me because it says the email address is in use.  Is there anyway to fix this because in order to take advantage of the offer I have to use the email address that I used to order the SIM online.

Thanks in advance,

@esstlouis4  Your only chance is to contact the Moderator team and ask nicely if anything can be done to get the bonus. Keep in mind that you will still need to use a new email to activate the new account. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

@esstlouis4, you can also create alais accounts of your email account.  Gmail is a bit goofy, that is why i use outlook.com.  This is what i did.  I have my main account at Outlook.com, then for each phone, i created an alias account which points back to my main account.

cheers

@KyleRobicheau20 wrote:

Hello,

You will need to contact a moderator about this issue. The best thing you could do is to create a brand new account under a new email. You will not be able to proceed with the offer if the email is in use. Unless a moderator can switch the previous email to this new account, you will have to create a new one.

This is, I suppose, a pleasant summary of 2 earlier posts:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/5GB-bonus-offer/m-p/382159/highlight/... and

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/5GB-bonus-offer/m-p/382162/highlight/...

I'm grumpy tonight. Robot Sad Ralph bit me:

RalphRalph

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

KyleRobicheau20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

You will need to contact a moderator about this issue. The best thing you could do is to create a brand new account under a new email. You will not be able to proceed with the offer if the email is in use. Unless a moderator can switch the previous email to this new account, you will have to create a new one.

@esstlouis4 Option #2: ask the moderators to change the email address in your current account. I think that will be quicker.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@esstlouis4 

A few people have had issues with that last promotion.  With public mobile, only one email address for one phone number/sim card/account.  

You probably need to just activate with a new email address and then private message moderator to see whether they can adjust your new account with the 5GB data add on.  From previous posts, moderators have been able to credit the 5GB data on.  However, no guarantees though.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@esstlouis4 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

@esstlouis4  Your only chance is to contact the Moderator team and ask nicely if anything can be done to get the bonus. Keep in mind that you will still need to use a new email to activate the new account. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

Need Help? Let's chat.