cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: $5 for a Public Mobile sim card.

@darlicious 

For sure, ever since the upgrade the quote function on my iPad is gone. I think the posting and then adding the quote is only do-able on desk top? And the macro function I use to quickly add my “AE_Collector” signature must now be smaller than Macro size as I can’t find it even WITH my glasses on.

I went through this as a moderator on another (phone collecting) forum a couple of years ago. It took forever to sort out all the little things that changed or disappeared after the upgrade. But, that was without a dedicated support group, just a bunch of old phone guys trying to figure out zeros and ones.

 

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: $5 for a Public Mobile sim card.


@AE_Collector wrote:

@darlicious 

For sure, ever since the upgrade the quote function on my iPad is gone. I think the posting and then adding the quote is only do-able on desk top? And the macro function I use to quickly add my “AE_Collector” signature must now be smaller than Macro size as I can’t find it even WITH my glasses on.

I went through this as a moderator on another (phone collecting) forum a couple of years ago. It took forever to sort out all the little things that changed or disappeared after the upgrade. But, that was without a dedicated support group, just a bunch of old phone guys trying to figure out zeros and ones.

 

AE_Collector


@AE_Collector  I might go a little quote crazy here for a little while.....and now that you brought it up....as I was wondering what the heck is/does a macro do? I couldn't figure it out for the life of me what that section entailed in my profile.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: $5 for a Public Mobile sim card.


@darlicious wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

....the future is uncertain the community is reflecting our daily lives.


Let's just hope the end isn't near.


@z10user4   Who cares I can quote now! I feel like homer doing a breakdance spin.

"Whoop! whoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoop...."


Ok, so how are you getting to the quote button..... using a different device? It wasn't working for me yesterday, then later in the day it was, and now it's not again, UNLESS I edit my post, like this one. 🙄 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: $5 for a Public Mobile sim card.

@darlicious 

The macro let’s you write something as a signature line and it is saved for future use. Then on each post you make you can click the Macro down arrow to pick the one you want to add (presumably you can create several, I only ever made one) and it is added to the bottom of your post. Only oracles have a permanent signature line available to them that is automatically added. 


AE_Collector

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: $5 for a Public Mobile sim card.

@CannonFodder 

What are you doing when you click edit? The macro button is still missing for me when I do that. Plus how are you identifying the previous post that you want to quote since you have to edit YOUR post... you aren’t clicking quote or edit on the list you want to quote. What device are you using?

 

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: $5 for a Public Mobile sim card.


@AE_Collector wrote:

@CannonFodder 

What are you doing when you click edit? The macro button is still missing for me when I do that. Plus how are you identifying the previous post that you want to quote since you have to edit YOUR post... you aren’t clicking quote or edit on the list you want to quote. What device are you using?


I'm always on here while using my desktop 'puter..... can't stand using a tablet for phone for this kind of thing.

 

As for how to do it, I originally hit "Reply" for whichever post I'm replying to, and then I click on the 3 dots on the right end of the toolbar, to "Expand Toolbar", and SOMETIMES the quote button is there. When it isn't, I type my post, and hit the "Post" button, but then I go back in, by hitting "Edit", do the same with the expand toolbar, and THEN the quote button is there. I then hit it, and the system already knows which post I replied to, so it then quotes that post like it normally used to.

 

As for the Macro button, it's still missing..... I haven't seen it in a long time.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: $5 for a Public Mobile sim card.

Testing 1 2 3.... 

 

AE_Collector

 

<edit> okay, I found the three dots after thinking they weren’t there on my iPad. Not where I expected them to be. Clicking them would add another row to the tool bar in this screen shot below. I could NOT get quote to appear or to work but look what DID show up, the macro button. And it worked, I added AE_Collector using it above. 

 

922554B2-E5CB-4474-9017-96D8F3E4E8A7.jpeg

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: $5 for a Public Mobile sim card.

I skipped over this thread before. But I did notice $5 SIMs in @Alan_K's update. Because it was prefaced with "UPDATE:" and highlighted in cyan.

 

I like cyan. Because I like green, I like blue, I like TRON - cyan is the best of these besties.

But Tron-cyan foreground on 80s-almond-biege background is an almost-unreadable eyesore on mobile screen. On any screen. Please allow users to select different backgrounds/themes (like a battery-saving and coolly-evil "dark" theme). Rule of tincture.

 

I've always thought it shameful that PM doesn't accept PayPal payments to deposit Self-Serve funds. Now, clicking Alan's link to buy some SIMs, I find that PM (via Amazon) accepts PayPal but doesn't accept Self-Serve funds.

Maybe PM has Reasons but this is still stupid.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: $5 for a Public Mobile sim card.


@AE_Collector wrote:

Testing 1 2 3.... 

 

AE_Collector

 

<edit> okay, I found the three dots after thinking they weren’t there on my iPad. Not where I expected them to be. Clicking them would add another row to the tool bar in this screen shot below. I could NOT get quote to appear or to work but look what DID show up, the macro button. And it worked, I added AE_Collector using it above. 

 

922554B2-E5CB-4474-9017-96D8F3E4E8A7.jpeg


Try chrome on your iPad and hopefully you will see the quote button.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: $5 for a Public Mobile sim card.

@Korth 
Huh... I never thought about the background colour but you are correct...80’s Beige. And to prove it this is an AE80 in Sand Beige from the 80’s...well, 70’s really.

 

Notice: If this telephone picture is going to cause this discussion of the PM Community software update to be moved to the lounge please PM me and I will remove it. 
AE_Collector

<edit> I removed it anyway, not wanting to cause yet another disjointed discussion here in the community this morning.


617F6126-D0C8-4FD2-9C04-857035BA9A6E.png