cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$5 for a Public Mobile sim card.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Don't know when this started but on Public Mobile's website sim cards are $5 now.

No idea if this is for limited time only.

Screenshot_20200322_100251.jpg

40 REPLIES 40

@ryanrudolf  Hopefully it will arrive by this friday. Spend this week while you are waiting for it to read up on public mobile. Ask any question you might have by picking a category (board), type your question in the "ask a question" box. Read the responses. Choose a solution when you get one. Bravo the posts that help you. You will be better prepared for when your sim arrives and you are ready to activate.

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ordered one last Fri Mar27! Fingers crossed and waiting for it to arrive.

The two PM SIM cards I ordered for myself were delivered to my mailbox today.

4 days.

(No word yet on whether the two for someone else arrived yet at their address.)

Sealed PM envelope with Canada Post (Xpresspost via YVR) markings and tracking number, containing two of those legit PM foldy brochure things with brand new triple-punch PM SIM cards. Never got any tracking number notification(s) but no big deal.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

For those of you who were going to order off Amazon.ca for the $5 sim, the earliest delivery date is at least April 19th even with a 2 day delivery date (prime membership). I called Amazon about this and they said to go through the normal checkout procedure and the date should change to a delivery date of a couple of days, but it still says April 19th.

BAF747E6-22D4-46E0-B420-E68938613B10.jpeg

@Anonymous  Christy Brown never let his left foot be uncontrollable. Don't let two left feet hold you back from the dance floor. Irish dancing was one of the few secret traditions enjoyed under the brutal rule of the British. You have to let loose every once in awhile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

....the future is uncertain the community is reflecting our daily lives.

Let's just hope the end isn't near.

@Anonymous   Who cares I can quote now! I feel like homer doing a breakdance spin.

"Whoop! whoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoopwhoop...."

That was just my old man Doors reference from your start.:)

This is the end, Beautiful friend, This is the end, My only friend the end......the end of the night on psychedelic Mondays at RPM in Toronto during my college days...dancing days!!!!

I guess that was your slow dance.

I was going with "Covid" (Roadhouse) Blues. The future's uncertain and the end is always near. But The End is also fitting for the pessimists amongst us.

I was never into dancing.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous   Who cares I can quote now! I feel like homer doing a breakdance spin.

This is the end, Beautiful friend, This is the end, My only friend the end......the end of the night on psychedelic Mondays at RPM in Toronto during my college days...dancing days!!!!

@Korth 

Thanks for the information. 100% clear now.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector

I just completed a few orders (for myself and for someone else). Same both times.

Two $5 PM SIM cards cost me $10+taxes = $11.20 total. Shipping to BC is free via Canada Post Express Delivery (3-7 business days). Payment can be made with PayPal or credit card (but not with available funds in Self-Serve, lol). I'll apparently get SMS/email notifications (with tracking numbers) when they ship out.

Some small print stated that these PM SIM cards are valid for whatever plans and promos are available at time of activation, not necessarily the same as whatever plans and promos are available at time of purchase.

Very sorry to put this discussion back to the original subject but...

With the $5 SIM ordered from PM:

- tax is added on $5 or full $10 price? Depends if price is reduced or there is a $5 credit applied I assume?

- is postage included or extra?

- you can order as many as you want presumably (maybe within reason)?
- reduced price Isn’t tied to being activated soon necessarily?

All I can think of at the moment! Have never ordered a sim from PM.

AE_Collector

@Korth 
Huh... I never thought about the background colour but you are correct...80’s Beige. And to prove it this is an AE80 in Sand Beige from the 80’s...well, 70’s really.

Notice: If this telephone picture is going to cause this discussion of the PM Community software update to be moved to the lounge please PM me and I will remove it. 
AE_Collector

<edit> I removed it anyway, not wanting to cause yet another disjointed discussion here in the community this morning.

617F6126-D0C8-4FD2-9C04-857035BA9A6E.png

@AE_Collector wrote:

Testing 1 2 3.... 

AE_Collector

<edit> okay, I found the three dots after thinking they weren’t there on my iPad. Not where I expected them to be. Clicking them would add another row to the tool bar in this screen shot below. I could NOT get quote to appear or to work but look what DID show up, the macro button. And it worked, I added AE_Collector using it above. 

922554B2-E5CB-4474-9017-96D8F3E4E8A7.jpeg

Try chrome on your iPad and hopefully you will see the quote button.

I skipped over this thread before. But I did notice $5 SIMs in @Alan_K's update. Because it was prefaced with "UPDATE:" and highlighted in cyan.

I like cyan. Because I like green, I like blue, I like TRON - cyan is the best of these besties.

But Tron-cyan foreground on 80s-almond-biege background is an almost-unreadable eyesore on mobile screen. On any screen. Please allow users to select different backgrounds/themes (like a battery-saving and coolly-evil "dark" theme). Rule of tincture.

I've always thought it shameful that PM doesn't accept PayPal payments to deposit Self-Serve funds. Now, clicking Alan's link to buy some SIMs, I find that PM (via Amazon) accepts PayPal but doesn't accept Self-Serve funds.

Maybe PM has Reasons but this is still stupid.

Testing 1 2 3.... 

AE_Collector

<edit> okay, I found the three dots after thinking they weren’t there on my iPad. Not where I expected them to be. Clicking them would add another row to the tool bar in this screen shot below. I could NOT get quote to appear or to work but look what DID show up, the macro button. And it worked, I added AE_Collector using it above. 

922554B2-E5CB-4474-9017-96D8F3E4E8A7.jpeg

@AE_Collector wrote:

@CannonFodder 

What are you doing when you click edit? The macro button is still missing for me when I do that. Plus how are you identifying the previous post that you want to quote since you have to edit YOUR post... you aren’t clicking quote or edit on the list you want to quote. What device are you using?

I'm always on here while using my desktop 'puter..... can't stand using a tablet for phone for this kind of thing.

As for how to do it, I originally hit "Reply" for whichever post I'm replying to, and then I click on the 3 dots on the right end of the toolbar, to "Expand Toolbar", and SOMETIMES the quote button is there. When it isn't, I type my post, and hit the "Post" button, but then I go back in, by hitting "Edit", do the same with the expand toolbar, and THEN the quote button is there. I then hit it, and the system already knows which post I replied to, so it then quotes that post like it normally used to.

As for the Macro button, it's still missing..... I haven't seen it in a long time.

@CannonFodder 

What are you doing when you click edit? The macro button is still missing for me when I do that. Plus how are you identifying the previous post that you want to quote since you have to edit YOUR post... you aren’t clicking quote or edit on the list you want to quote. What device are you using?

AE_Collector

@darlicious 

The macro let’s you write something as a signature line and it is saved for future use. Then on each post you make you can click the Macro down arrow to pick the one you want to add (presumably you can create several, I only ever made one) and it is added to the bottom of your post. Only oracles have a permanent signature line available to them that is automatically added. 

AE_Collector

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Ok, so how are you getting to the quote button..... using a different device? It wasn't working for me yesterday, then later in the day it was, and now it's not again, UNLESS I edit my post, like this one. 🙄 

@AE_Collector wrote:

@darlicious 

For sure, ever since the upgrade the quote function on my iPad is gone. I think the posting and then adding the quote is only do-able on desk top? And the macro function I use to quickly add my “AE_Collector” signature must now be smaller than Macro size as I can’t find it even WITH my glasses on.

I went through this as a moderator on another (phone collecting) forum a couple of years ago. It took forever to sort out all the little things that changed or disappeared after the upgrade. But, that was without a dedicated support group, just a bunch of old phone guys trying to figure out zeros and ones.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  I might go a little quote crazy here for a little while.....and now that you brought it up....as I was wondering what the heck is/does a macro do? I couldn't figure it out for the life of me what that section entailed in my profile.

@darlicious 

For sure, ever since the upgrade the quote function on my iPad is gone. I think the posting and then adding the quote is only do-able on desk top? And the macro function I use to quickly add my “AE_Collector” signature must now be smaller than Macro size as I can’t find it even WITH my glasses on.

I went through this as a moderator on another (phone collecting) forum a couple of years ago. It took forever to sort out all the little things that changed or disappeared after the upgrade. But, that was without a dedicated support group, just a bunch of old phone guys trying to figure out zeros and ones.

AE_Collector

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

Interesting........It seems depending on what kind of device you are using you get a different version of the community. @AE_Collector  sometimes you get colour highlights sometimes not. I'm part of the unquote-ables where as @CannonFodder is mostly a quoter most of the time. Simon has simply disappeared for a lucky few (lol) and others are simply stuck with him. Other members are sauntering around wth a full toolbar belt but many members only have a single multi tool bar unfairly teased with a game of peek-a-boo three dots to expand your toolbar chest. Public mobile is certainly keeping us busy trying to figure out what the community will give us today but may taketh away tomorrow....the future is uncertain the community is reflecting our daily lives.

Edit: I'm one of the quoters now! Yippee!

Loree
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think this is a great idea for new and current public mobile users, affordable prices that is what we need in times like this well done Public Mobile.

I re-read it the next day as well and I think it was that reading if of the ongoing replies there suddenly was mention of the lower priced SIM card from community members who had just then read Alan’s initial post for the first time. It sort of depends how fast you are skimming through replies as to whether you are likely to catch a change like that.

AE_Collector

@darlicious 

Generally I am not seeing these coloured topic changes. Not on my iPad at least. But I say “generally” because I have noticed it once or twice.... a medium/light blue coloured font for the topic subject/title? Maybe I saw that using my android phone rather than iPad... not sure.

AE_collector

@AE_Collector  Something made me reread Alan's post....maybe it was just the switching back and forth from blue to bold got me curious if it meant there was a change in the original post since the colour change is still new.

@AE_Collector  agree with you on the color. If they switched the announcement title to "RED" for example. I would have known to check the thread again for an update.

@kselmak 

It was added to the announcement the next day. Most of us regulars here read these announcements soon after posted and then just read the ongoing replies, no reason to re-read the entire topic from the beginning. Thus it is easy to miss changes made after the initial post.....

AE-Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.