cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$5 for a Public Mobile sim card.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Don't know when this started but on Public Mobile's website sim cards are $5 now.

No idea if this is for limited time only.

Screenshot_20200322_100251.jpg

40 REPLIES 40

@AE_Collector 

I could have sworn that it wasn't there, it but I just assumed I must have skipped it.

@Jb456 

Correct, it was an addition the next day... you’re forgiven! This has come up before especially with on the fly changes made to promos like the last Black Friday promo that had more perks added during the promo leading to much confusion about who got what offer depending on when they signed up. It became difficult for us to clarify for the new customers making enquires here as many of us didn’t realize there had been changes made to the initial offer. People aren’t going to read an entire topic from the start each time there is an additional post to it. 

IMHO the announcement topic should have any changes made to it done in red along with the date quoted of the change or addition. But since that still doesn’t automatically prompt us to go back and re-read the initial post, a post should be added to the topic, also in red pointing out the change and marking the point where the change happened. Thus most people reading the ongoing discussion would be made aware of the change. This way we (the customer support staff) would be in the loop with changes... so we can’t claim “we didn’t get the memo”!

AE_Collector

Thanks @AE_Collector @ddeep91 

Haven't really been online following threads for updates last few days. It had to be added after Alan's first post than. I did read it when it was just about USA add-on credit as I bravoed his post but never went back to check for updates.

Thanks for the info 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's that saying dripping with sarcasm...do keep up.:)

I didn't notice it either

It does pay not to skip:)

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jb456 

yeah, they actually announced it on Thursday in the Announcement thread. 

Here is the LINK

"$5 off SIM card when you buy online

During this challenging period, we want to ensure that our customers are staying as safe as possible and purchasing SIM cards online, if you need to. 

• For a limited time starting from March 20th, get $5 off when purchasing a SIM card online from us via Amazon or Publicmobile.ca.
  • No promo code necessary."

Cheers

@Jb456 

Your Scouring of posts in the community might be slipping! This was included in Alan K’s “Public Mobiles Response tonCovid-19” post on March 19 in addition to the rebate for US Roaming add-on purchases. However, I believe this part (the $5 SIM) was added to the original announcement the next day which admittedly makes it hard to detect that there was a change / addition to the announcement.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-Public-Mobile-response-to-COVID...

AE_Collector

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Nice

So it's not only Amazon

That's great

Thanks for sharing @Jb456 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 nice. Time to get an extra one, and hold on to it.

Need Help? Let's chat.