cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

404 Error during activation

jordanhorvath
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, I was attempting to active service with Public and was porting a number in. At the last step of the activation, I clicked activate and received a 404 error. Unfortunately I could not refresh or back out. Currently, the Public SIM card does not work, however the person who gave me a referral code has had a text saying they got a referral bonus. When I try to go through the activation process again, I get an error saying the SIM is invalid. I have tried to submit a ticket, however, when I go through the chat bot, the community login fails and and I am unable to login to my community account. Hoping to get some guidance on what to do next as it appears the activation has failed and now the SIM card is being recognized as in use. 

15 REPLIES 15

jordanhorvath

@geopublic 

Thanks for the reassurance. Hopefully will hear from them soon. I'm sure there must be a solution, but being new to Public I wasn't sure the best way to access that solution. Everyone has been most helpful, just awaiting a Moderator

@jordanhorvath  Don't worry about the needing a new sim, that won't be necessary. The Moderator Team should be able to fix the issue from their end as it appears that your account has been semi activated.

jordanhorvath

@JoyLuck 

Thanks, have now submitted a ticket and follow up message with detailed information regarding the issue. I have never experienced this before and it appears the 404 error interrupted the process. Hopefully this can be resolved without the need of a new SIM card as I'm 200km from the nearest retail site. 

@jordanhorvath 

Contact a moderator for assistance.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

jordanhorvath

Yes, I have gone through all the usual basic troubleshooting. I have ported numbers many times in the past. I have removed and reinserted the SIM, rebooted the phone. I am unable to login into my PM account as it says there isn't one found, leading me to believe the 404 error interrupted the activation process leaving it partially completed, thus why I am having such an odd combination of errors. I have not received a welcome message, however, as I previously stated, the person providing the referral code received a message saying their code was used. 

@jordanhorvath  have you restarted the phone as I suggested earlier? Did you receive your PM welcome email? Thanks. 

@jordanhorvath if it's still not letting you login to make a ticket. use your browser in incognito/private mode. if that's still not helping just make another community account and try sending another ticket.

jordanhorvath

Have attempted this multiple times without success. Thanks anyway though

jordanhorvath

Hi there, unfortunately I am unable to login to the account. It appears the account was not successfully created. 

@jordanhorvath 

If your friend got the text that he got a new friend, your activation may have went through. Did you port over a number? 

Reboot phone with the PM SIM card. 

jordanhorvath

Hi PilotCass, thanks for the suggestion. Will give that a try. 

PilotCass

I had the same issue when activating my card. Wait an hour or so, clear cache, and try once more. Then you should be good to go!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jordanhorvath try logging into your self service account. Your SIM is active since your friend got his $1. Try taking your SIM out, waiting 5 minutes, replace it and restart your phone.  Porting can take up to 3 hours.You should be able to make calls and send texts from your PM sim. And receive calls and texts from your previous provider. Once the old SIM stops workimg your port is complete and your old account will close. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

jordanhorvath

Regardless of whether my credit card has been charged, I am not able to reattempt the activation process and don't have service on the PM SIM card and am looking for guidance on how to fix this technical issue. Thank you for your reply though. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@jordanhorvath check to see if your credit card has been charged 

Need Help? Let's chat.