cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G plan but phone connects to LTE

sparlos
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all! Very excited to be with public mobile.

Just had a quick question regarding how my phone connects to the network. I'm on a 3G plan but my phone connects via LTE. I just wanted to make absolutely sure that I'm not going to get any overage charges for my phone connecting via LTE instead of 3G.

Thanks so much!

Stephen

9 REPLIES 9

I think you're right @stonechucker. I'm having a lot of deja-vu lately!

Isn't this a the same as a thread we we’re in yesterday @sheytoon ?

Totally agree! In fact I think all the customers agree too. Only the Telus marketing department is being stubborn!

Right @Dave_M? 😉

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sheytoon wrote:

@sparlos, it's a poorly named plan. It has access to LTE, but limited to 3 Mbps.

As mentioned, there's no overage charges with PM.

Please note the speed limit will take 2-3 days to take effect. Try not to do too many speed tests in the mean time, as they will eat your data quickly.

They really should rebrand it as LTE lite instead of 3G that way people would still understand they are moderately throttled.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sheytoon wrote:

@sparlos, it's a poorly named plan. It has access to LTE, but limited to 3 Mbps.

@sheytoon it sure is!.  @Alan_K as promised, I'm continuing to tag you whenever I see customers confused by the naming of the so-called "3G" data plans.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

As mentioned, there's no overage charges with PM.

Please note the speed limit will take 2-3 days to take effect. Try not to do too many speed tests in the mean time, as they will eat your data quickly.

LTE is better and will be capped at 3 Mbps so your phone can decide which band to stay on. When it's a call it will automatically go to 3g

sparlos
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Oh man I've been conditioned by previous companies to fear that any slight abnormality to what I'm used to might end up charging me more. No overages, amazing! Thanks very much 🙂

Melissa-H77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The great thing with PM is that you pay first and there are no over charges. 

Need Help? Let's chat.