cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

3G...LTE?

Hey, so my understanding is that the Public Mobile network runs on 3G, but sometimes I read people talking about 3G LTE, does anyone have a little more knowledge about that?  My phone is older, (Galaxy S7), so it doesn't support LTE, does this mean that I can't use the network?  Or will I get worse download speeds, because my phone doesn't use LTE?

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: 3G...LTE?

@pubmob101  Public Mobile uses LTE throttled to 3G speeds. As for your phone, of course it supports LTE.... I'm using a S3, and it supports LTE. That, and assuming your phone is the Canadian variant ( SM-G930W ), you're set, because it'll work on PM just fine.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

If Canadian s7 should be totally ok with both 3g and LTE

Check that you have 3g 850 and 1900 as you'll need it for talk

Highlighted

@pubmob101 wrote:

Hey, so my understanding is that the Public Mobile network runs on 3G, but sometimes I read people talking about 3G LTE, does anyone have a little more knowledge about that?  My phone is older, (Galaxy S7), so it doesn't support LTE, does this mean that I can't use the network?  Or will I get worse download speeds, because my phone doesn't use LTE?

It will work fine with PM either in 3G or LTE, because even my ancient J1 works great with PM.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why do you think Galaxy S7 doesn't support LTE?

@pubmob101 wrote:

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PM has both 3g and 4g. They are providing 3g speed via 4g LTE. 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@martinjacob01 wrote:

PM has both 3g and 4g. They are providing 3g speed via 4g LTE. 

And provding faster speeds on the 3g network

Highlighted

They really do need to fix the confusing branding they use here.