Hi,
My partner and I are looking at the following plan:

35$
  • 1 GB Data⁴ at 3G speed
  • Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Talk Canada-wide
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

We are some questions though before making the switch:

- Is there an activation fee we are unaware of?

-  It also mentions that "$10 credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans of $35/mo or higher for the first 6 months. Discount will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed." Does it mean we will be charged 25$ the first six months, than increased to 35$? Or we are charged 35$ the first six months and than increased to 45$? We are confused on how that credit works.

- Will we be able to keep our current Videotron phone numbers?

If we order today, I understand we would be eligible to the Black Friday offer. If so, would it mean we would each get 1G + 5G + 500 MB if we select AutoPay?

Thanks for your help

5 REPLIES 5

One small correction, getting to a dealer today before midnight eastern time gets you a FREE SIM Card if they do the (no cost) activation for you.

Read up on how the 5Gb data bonus works, it is a one time 5Gb bonus that only kicks in if you have exceeded your monthly data allotment and then when your new month begins what remains of the bonus data sits in the background to kick in if and when needed in the future until all used up.

To get this current 5Gb add-on bonus you need to activate on a $35 or higher plan and apparently stay on that plan to avoid losing that bonus. The second month free bonus applies to any of the plans (not only $35 and higher) as does the free SIM Card bonus. Activating on a $35 or higher plan gets you all three of these bonuses until the end of today. 

You also get a $10 additional credit if using a referal code to activate which is a regular perk at Public Mobile.

No other activation fees. Try to get it done today if at all possible!

AE_Collector

flonad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks you all for your replies, I'll check that out

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@flonad , a little off topic, the $35 plan is not that good value.  Consider getting the $40 plan which will up data usage to 5GB.  Alternatively, consider getting the $25 plan with 1GB data. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@flonad wrote:

Hi,
My partner and I are looking at the following plan:

35$
  • 1 GB Data⁴ at 3G speed
  • Bonus 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Talk Canada-wide
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

We are some questions though before making the switch:

- Is there an activation fee we are unaware of?

-  It also mentions that "$10 credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans of $35/mo or higher for the first 6 months. Discount will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed." Does it mean we will be charged 25$ the first six months, than increased to 35$? Or we are charged 35$ the first six months and than increased to 45$? We are confused on how that credit works.

- Will we be able to keep our current Videotron phone numbers?

If we order today, I understand we would be eligible to the Black Friday offer. If so, would it mean we would each get 1G + 5G + 500 MB if we select AutoPay?

Thanks for your help

The $10 off ended it is now 5GB of one time bonus data and your second month free on plans over $35.  As well if you use a referral code you will receive a $10 credit to cover the cost of the sim. 

If you are ordering today you will not be able to get this promo.  You will need to go to a retailer to purcahse a sim there as these promo's expire tonight at midnight ET.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

That promo expired on Nov 24th.  There is a current promo for second month free and one time 5GB bonus.  There is no activation fee.  You can keep your Videotron number if it available.

Need Help? Let's chat.