cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 days vs 31 days ?

wolfcruise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I have a friend who is interested in joining, but she wants her cell phone bill due on the same date every month (no hidden surprise charges!). How does this work with Public Mobile ? I am new to the service myself, and I can only tell her about my first month. If she joins on the 5th for example, will she see charges every 5th of the month, or will it vary ? Thanks !

14 REPLIES 14

I had a hard time getting on the 90-day cycle when I started here.  I put away $10 every week instead of a couple of coffees to get $60 together.  I signed up for the then 30 day $42 plan, and save another $60 so I could get the 90 day $120 6GB plan.  Kept doing that through that cycle and bounced into the fall promo.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

You could pay twice on one payment in a month, your funds will sit on the account for your next renewal.  Then continue paying each month until you need to double pay again to get ahead again.

Not elegant, but it would allow you to keep a monthly may,net going.

@stonechucker you could, yes.  For people concerned about making payments on specific dates, often the reason is living at or near paycheque-to-paycheque.  (Obviously there are exceptions to this!)  If that's the case, the likelihood of wanting to tie up an extra *months' worth of payment at any given time is probably low.  

(* by Month I of course mean an extra 30 day cycle Robot wink )

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

You could pay twice on one payment in a month, your funds will sit on the account for your next renewal.  Then continue paying each month until you need to double pay again to get ahead again.

Not elegant, but it would allow you to keep a monthly may,net going.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

For people that like their payment on the same day I suggest on whatever day they choose like the 1st or 15th is to make a manual payment and have the money sit in their available funds until the actual renewal day comes and uses those funds.

@ShawnC13 you have to be careful with this approach.  Why?--eventually you're going to hit a month where you haven't made that manually-scheduled payment date yet when the renewal process kicks in.  IE if you always deposit on the 15th, eventually your renewal will hit on the 15th on month X but on the 14th on month X+1 (or X+2 in some cases) and your plan won't renew.

[EDIT: fixed typo of "hit"]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@macleodjd wrote:

I find this frustrating as well, but there's no way around it. I have set bills twice a month. Because each next month's payment becomes at least one numerical day earlier, eventually my payment will change from first of the month to mid-month.

Don't worry about it.  Your March renewal will jump ahead 2 or 3 days depending on Leap Year, and you may not even pay in February in a non-Leap Year.

I would also prefer a set date payment, but I get paid bi-weekly, so it wouldn't help me either way.  This is why I plan my bill payments 3 weeks ahead, so I know which bill I need to pay earlier/later than others.

macleodjd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I find this frustrating as well, but there's no way around it. I have set bills twice a month. Because each next month's payment becomes at least one numerical day earlier, eventually my payment will change from first of the month to mid-month.

You can have a card on file, but disable AutoPay.  That would stop the $2 reward.  To need to ensure AutoPay is turned on, and have a card on file.

Spoiler
Spoiler

@wolfcruise wrote:

But manual = no $2 a month auto pay bonus right ?! Cry cry ...

Not at all I always get autopay reward.

I registered the card for autopay ( and it's because it's registered that I get the reward) but I still do it manually

@wolfcruiseAs long as you keep a credit card on file in your selfserve, you get the $2 autopay bonus.

wolfcruise

But manual = no $2 a month auto pay bonus right ?! Cry cry ...

wolfcruise

OK - thank you for the reply ! I know some folks like to pay their bills on a set date (I personally don't mind) but the 30 day rotation makes sense! Thanks !

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@wolfcruise wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a friend who is interested in joining, but she wants her cell phone bill due on the same date every month (no hidden surprise charges!). How does this work with Public Mobile ? I am new to the service myself, and I can only tell her about my first month. If she joins on the 5th for example, will she see charges every 5th of the month, or will it vary ? Thanks !

Well there is a possibility to withdraw funds from the credit card every 5th of the month. The amount will stay in the account until the renewal day. There is no other charges, everything is prepaid. If she wants to but an add-on she has to manually withdraw the amount and then she can buy it.

If she signs up for autopay buy always withdraws money manually, she still gets autopay reward, although she technically never allows autopay to actually withdraw funds from her credit card.

I actually do it out if fear that autopay will not go through, I never had autopay actually withdraw money from my card I always make sure there is enough money on both of my accounts and my mom's account.

I just suggest that she doesn't join on the day that she wants payments from cc to appear, give it a week or so in between. 

I don't know if you noticed an sms from pm telling you that payment time is coming and if you have autopay to ignore that message. Well I treat that message as a reminder to fund my account

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@wolfcruise wrote:

Hi everyone,

For people that like their payment on the same day I suggest on whatever day they choose like the 1st or 15th is to make a manual payment and have the money sit in their available funds until the actual renewal day comes and uses those funds.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@wolfcruise It is 30 days no way to change it.

Need Help? Let's chat.