cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 GB promo promised by London Drugs for in-store activation has not loaded

OzzieMozzie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I picked up a new SIM at London Drugs and was intending to activate the $25 plan online, but was lured into doing an in-store activation (which took forever) on the promise that I would receive a first month promo data add-on of 3 GB.  Now all I can see is the standard 500 MB + 500 MB on my account, no sign of the 3 GB.  What happened?

16 REPLIES 16

Jenniyah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i actually just activated for the 3GB and it showed up on my account right away...

Did yours show up yet? if not, you may need to follow up? 

@Anonymous 

Wow you got an actual flyer in the mail? Strange that its a London drugs flyer since they promote sustainability. I didn't think any retailer was producing paper flyers atm. I prefer a paper bill myself and even paid for a paper bill from telus for awhile. But trying to get them to send me one lately has been like pulling teeth. I request one as is my right and the CSA puts my request in and nothing happens..... every paper bill that comes thru my mail slot gets paid on time the only one that gets paid haphazardly is the telus bill.

I remember that $2/appear bills thing at Telus... or was it BC tel then! (1999-2000) But I think it was overturned and they had to cease and desist. But they finally got their way...was it just this spring? Blamed it on Covid... NO MORE MAILED BILLS Darren declared.

AE_Collector 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Anonymous 

Did the old school thingamajigy land on the floor right below your letter slot by chance?

Well if they do cut in 3Gb data bonus for all NEW Customers.... FINALLY there wont be ANY complaining from EXISTING customers that they give EVERYTHING to the new customers. Won’t that be nice!

AE_Collector

Why yes it did by golly. I also get real actual pieces of paper with little stickers on them and my address right there on the front. I have to kinda tear the thing open though so it's a bit of a bother.

Until bills charge me to send me a paper bill...I still prefer to get paper bills. Many years ago Telus said yeah hey all you old timers...2 bucks to mail you a bill... get over it. So I get those in email.

I also don't mind unaddressed admail. McDonalds coupons today. Woohoo. 🙂

And the London Drugs flyer.

@Anonymous 

Did the old school thingamajigy land on the floor right below your letter slot by chance?

Well if they do cut in 3Gb data bonus for all NEW Customers.... FINALLY there wont be ANY complaining from EXISTING customers that they give EVERYTHING to the new customers. Won’t that be nice!

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

An old school analog printed paper thingamajigger I got today says Sep 4 - 7. It'll be interesting to see if this becomes an available promo not necessarily attached to London Drugs.

So the possibility exists that you have activated too soon for the LD promo depending on exactly what day you activated. Or Manitoba dates may be different than the BC LD promo that @darlicious posted? Also, it could easily take a few days or even up to 30 days for the 3Gb data add-on to arrive in your account. The $10 referral credit can take up to 3 days to show up as “Available Funds” when you check your account online though quite often it is there by the next day.

AE_Collector

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@OzzieMozzie wrote:

Hi, I picked up a new SIM at London Drugs and was intending to activate the $25 plan online, but was lured into doing an in-store activation (which took forever) on the promise that I would receive a first month promo data add-on of 3 GB.  Now all I can see is the standard 500 MB + 500 MB on my account, no sign of the 3 GB.  What happened?

@OzzieMozzie so it seems that London Drugs promo is legit.  Just check your account in a couple of days and you'll see the promo data add-on of 3 GB.  

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  1  

@OzzieMozzie 

This promotion by London drugs starts tomorrow. Go back to where you activated or call and Ask to speak to the manager of the electronics department to get the details and get the promotion applied that the salesperson promised you.Screenshot_20200902-180253.png

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm in Manitoba, the email was sent from London Drugs.

Dtack

I know I received the email from London Drugs as well - it said something about Public Mobile activate  instore on select plans to get a free 3gb bonus - expires Sept. 3, 2020 and some conditions apply, see instore for details.  You may need to go back to London Drugs and ask them for more information to make sure of the conditions.  Good luck!

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@OzzieMozzie 

What province are you in? Because I like others have said have not heard about any deals like that. 

Haven't read anything on any forum site yet about this. Was on RFD earlier today.

As others said contact mods as we don't know anything about it yet.

If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus that is applied with 72 hours so if this 3gig thing is valid as well maybe both will be credited at same time 🤷‍♂️

Welcome to Public Mobile🙂

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@OzzieMozzie contact customer support for clarification. do you have a receipt from London drugs showing your plan details and 3gb promo?

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "missing credit"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

SomeFriend

Do you have any additional information about that offer or is that all they have told you?  You may want to consider returning to the store and asking about such.

You can try contacting a moderator about it but they may also have difficulty with helping you on that promotion, if they don't have any context to that offer you were promised.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@OzzieMozzie we don't know anything about said promo. Could you upload the link or promo? And check the terms to see when it will be added. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.