cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3.5hrs later, and still no joy !!

dougc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

4pm wally' employee activated SIM card and provided a copy of the PM Online activation "transaction summary" which included a acc't # .

Approx. 2 hrs later  i received a text from PubMob telling me to go to PB.ca>contact us,  for SIM activation.

Which in itself seems to be a outdated text message, since there is no apparent "contact us" link on top nor bottom of home page.

But there is "activate a SIM card" link icon, as seen within bottom links bar, even on this community board page.

So calling the phone with previously Wal' employee activation seemingly in place ya would think by now (3hrs later),   . . . . but only told by voice, '...sorry this number is not available at this time..."

Sooooo  go to "activate a SIM card",  fill it out again (first time was at Wally's), double chk  and NOW it is telling me right at the top of the activation form (now chkd a third time)  ----  "Invalid SIM",  even when completely empty/delete the field  a second time !!

Maybe the sys is experiencing gridlock due to recent alleged 'deal' !?

. . . . frustrated already with this new service provider, which had rave reviews by extended-family members already using ! 

(tech is never easy, most times 😉  }

doug c

ps.

the wally employee said if any problem with porting, don't waste time coming back to us . . . . go to here (the community) !   Are they possibly selling corrupted/counterfeit SIMs ?

25 REPLIES 25

@dougc, so it was the porting issues. 

@dougc That's a great news. It seems like the porting was stuck in the limbo. This happens when there is an error with given information. And sometimes there is an error in the system. Anyways, your porting is now complete so welcome to PM 🙂

dougc

Yeah you read correctly,   it seems my phone received a text while I was out doing yard work,  that  my "transfer request was complete" !

And now can also take incoming calls  via the PublicMobile system !!

hasta leugo,

doug c

p.s. now to credit the mod_team members...the way i look at it -will credit all 3,  and let the 'teamleader'  sort things out,  if it is important for performance analysis.    Depending on the system they can look at which info input and by whom,  was actually the 'one' that did the 'fix'     IMHO  😉

dougc

Thanks

Sometimes, all it takes is to either:

1) turn airplane mode on/off   ----  no joy

2) reboot your phone  ----  no joy

3) pull the sim card out and re-insert   ---- no joy

And when I pulled the SIM ... I took the time to reinsert the prev service provider sim .... called .... same lack of number recognition !    So definitely in  porting LIMBO,  imho  !

4) reset network settings (not factory reset)  ----  no joy

Tried first manual (PubMob does show up on the list)  and then back to Auto (original setting).  

Also while running thru your suggested 'hardware' tests,   I tried callling out  ... amazingly that did work but I believe that likely has something to do with  911  call out  from a cell'  whenever/always (unless your batt' is dead of course).     

But still no calls INTO the SIM/cell  as of 835a.m. Sat.

doug 😞

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

There is always something new pops up when activating with one of their retail partners. They now have access to a different activation portal and process to activate a sim card is a bit different than someone doing it themselves online. The retail partner will not create a self-serve account. And user must go to create an account to make a new self-serve account using the number they activated. I see that this is a part of the OPs problem. I am not sure why PM did not do some testing before launching this.They should provide some details on what to expect when activating at one of retail stores. 

@dougc, I feel your pain! You were probably on another plan and carrier, and wondering what was I thinking. But don't despair. Can't receive calls? It might be stuck at the porting.

If it's stuck in the porting process, contact Public Mobile to troubleshoot the issue. Sometimes, all it takes is to either:

1) turn airplane mode on/off

2) reboot your phone

3) pull the sim card out and re-insert

4) reset network settings (not factory reset)

If that didn't work, it sounds like a stuck port of your number. 

Typically a successful port request is completed in 5 min to 2 hours, so at 20 hours I think you will need the assistance of a moderator to get your account sorted out.  Send them a private message clicking on this link: Provide them with your name, account number, an account number from your old provider and name on that account, PM SIM card number and an explanation of the issue and they will be able to look into the matter for you.

This happens every once in a while, usually when the info you provide isn't an exact match to what your old provider has on their records.  Not a big problem, the mods will get you sorted out, just be patient after you send them a private message and await their reply.  

And when you explain your story, don't abbreviate such as 'Wallys', 'wally man', or 'PubMob'. Spell it out. Moderators are trying to read the issue at hand, and trying to be funny or sarcastic isn't helping your case. Moderators are dealing with a ton of tickets through their queue, and sometimes they do read things quickly and may not read 100% fully or may not understand it. Explain the situation and they will fix the issue at hand. 

dougc

31 hrs later. . . .  Still no explanation (why can receive texts from PubMob'  but no calls from anyone) or fix,  ... from moderators (2)  who offered to help and were given info.

And at  least 6hrs ago a third one (Kaba) piled on with offer to help.

Also sent additional PM to initial Mod'Team offering suggesting to call number when ya think fixed  ring twice hang up ... I'll definitely know fixed.

nite

doug

@dougc wrote:

Found this in my email Inbox this a.m. --- legit ?;

".... I will be happy to assist you today. Can I please have your Public Mobile phone #?    In order to better assist you and for security reasons, may I ask for your 4 digit PIN number?      If you do not have the PIN then please confirm 3 of this information:   Account number, date of Birth, last four digits of a registered credit card, address with postal code, home or business contact number, commonly called numbers or text messages, last top-up amount and the date, the last add-on purchased and the date.

Regards,  Shazia.."

As we all know anyone can send a PM,  asking for this info ! 

And the pm i sent out to the Mod' link (that LEGO sent out last night) I had enclosed my name and acc't #.    So that said, and thought of, I say this is -- from  a scammer/phisher/b.l.e.e.p.e.r. !

doug

You're right and this a perfectly valid concern. The username Moderator_Team is the official place to send private messages to Public Mobile employees.

Moderator_Team really is only place to send customers should be sending private account information.  There are few exceptions to this, because the Public Mobile employees do have their own individual usernames, but I would say only to do your correspondence with the username mentioned earlier.

dougc

_have you been replying to the moderator's private messages?  Y

_ Are they not working on it?     Hope so !!

doug

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dougc, have you been replying to the moderator's private messages?  Are they not working on it?

dougc

Well got the free SIM  but still NO joy when it comes to active/accepting voice calls  !

So as this seems to be dragging on and no one else has posted a problem with theirs ... if by shuteye p.m.tonight = wakee wakee a.m tomorrow and do a test call .... still no joy ?!  

Will be initiating a full refund from PubMob,  with cc !   

Will definitely let ya know how things work out.

Sincerely,

dougc

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi dougc,

I just sent a private message to you.

Could you please read it and then reply to me with the necessary info please?

I will be waiting for your reply.

Sincerely!

Gregory

dougc

"....way to fix this is to send a private messages to Moderator _Team with the details of your new Public Mobile account.  You'll want to make sure that you have the account number of your old carrier's service available...."

Done last night ! 

Also included link to this thread, so hopefully don't have to repeat myself continually !

_ presume the SIM is activated 'cause even last  night at shutdown time the phone was showing on the 'home screen' ---- "PublicMobile" ---- under the date/time,   aaaand I get Text messages from the PubMob sys.

The THING  still "broke" is when I call my number, all i get (and others that might call it - but hopefully not),  " sooorry the number you are calling is not available at this time ..."  !!  * even just now   ;( 

later . . .

. . i got to print off a copy of a stated PubMob  promo which Wally' did not mention yesterday when SIM purchased and activiated in store,

ref. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-SIM-20-bill-credit-when-you-activ...

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If it is from Moderator_Team it is legit! It depends who is replied to your message; they might not read it entirely / thoroughly and asking again for your information. Woman Sad

dougc

Found this in my email Inbox this a.m. --- legit ?;

".... I will be happy to assist you today. Can I please have your Public Mobile phone #?    In order to better assist you and for security reasons, may I ask for your 4 digit PIN number?      If you do not have the PIN then please confirm 3 of this information:   Account number, date of Birth, last four digits of a registered credit card, address with postal code, home or business contact number, commonly called numbers or text messages, last top-up amount and the date, the last add-on purchased and the date.

Regards,  Shazia.."

As we all know anyone can send a PM,  asking for this info ! 

And the pm i sent out to the Mod' link (that LEGO sent out last night) I had enclosed my name and acc't #.    So that said, and thought of, I say this is -- from  a scammer/phisher/b.l.e.e.p.e.r. !

doug

When you get that contact us and complete sim and activation form messages, this is Public Mobile's way of telling you that your phone number transfer has failed.  You are correct when you are saying that there is no contact us form page.  Also, you do not want to be doing another sim activation.

The only way to fix this is to send a private messages to Moderator _Team with the details of your new Public Mobile account.  You'll want to make sure that you have the account number of your old carrier's service available.

dougc

and thanks LEGO . . .  i'll let ya know what happens ... tomorrow hopefully !

dougc

"...Did you read my post above? "

Of course !  

Just sent, with link to this thread !! 

'nite !!

LEGO

@dougc Did you read my post above? Woman Wink

dougc

"..Simply log into your self serve account using the email address and password you used in the store.  From there, check if the plan you selected shows up..."

Can't even do that does not recognize email/pwd combo !

Sent off request to confimr/change pwd and received within 'error box',  "sorry, we're unable to verify your email address"  !!

And my email addy is stated on the wally'  PM online activation >transaction summary    page   !

nite (late for supper)

doug c

matbasm

@dougc, I don't think you need to activate anything.  Simply log into your self serve account using the email address and password you used in the store.  From there, check if the plan you selected shows up...

dougc

did you give the employee an email address?  Y

Did they ask you to set up a password? Y

If so, you should be able to log into your self serve account, and see if the plan is properly set up. . . . .

Tried  to set up/logon, and that seems to be the form,  that is now telling me "invalid SIM"  !!

Also, did you port(transfer) an old number over to Public Mobile? 

Y  from 711Speakout

I don't know why it took you that long, for me I ported from Virgin to PM just in few mins everything works perfectly until now

Yepper that was expectation,  and why i'm posting now vs  dragging this on and going in circles.    😉

Thanks for chkg.

doug c

Tags (0)

LEGO

@dougc Please, send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

meocon

I don't know why it took you that long, for me I ported from Virgin to PM just in few mins everything works perfectly until now 🙂

matbasm

@dougc, When you activated at Walmart, did you give the employee an email address?  Did they ask you to set up a password?  If so, you should be able to log into your self serve account, and see if the plan is properly set up.

Also, did you port(transfer) an old number over to Public Mobile?  If so, sometimes the number transfer can take a few hours (longer if the number is coming from a land line or VOIP line)?

Need Help? Let's chat.