cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

250 mb data

marv78
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When my 250 mb of data are used up, can I still send picture messages on the $15 plan?

5 REPLIES 5

dm007

250 mb is not that much, but if you just want to use it to be able to 'locate' your device or a device then it may be enough on android, if you restrict ALL apps to no data access. Most newer android devices should let you say no to background data for most things and you can set most programs to not use data if needed, although its fairly tedius.

You can though, install a program like 'NoRoot Firewall" from Grey Shirts if you have an older device that doesnt have all the nice data restrictin features and basically say NO to everything using wifi and cell and just let for example google services and data. Location only. I wont post the url for for it but ive used it and its in the google play store.

marv78

Thanks 

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I personally have tried sending Picture Messages (MMS) without having any data and it will work, just enable your data so the message can be sent via data services, just that it won’t be billed as data, domestically.

MMS will work, but just be aware that you’ll get the “zero balance” page if you attempt to access the internet otherwise.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@marv78 wrote:

When my 250 mb of data are used up, can I still send picture messages on the $15 plan?

@marv78  Yes you can send MMS just make sure you have data turned on, even though it doesn't consume data it needs data to be turned on for it to work.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@marv78 wrote:

Yes you can, MMS doesn't require you to have a data plan only that data be enabled on your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.