cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25 dollars package

ARmalik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

The 25 dollars package includes Canada wide unlimited massages and unlimited calling province wise? 

And for which countries international massage are free? 

12 REPLIES 12

Here is the funny thing, back in 2015 and early 2016 (I think), there was a choice between Canadawide SMS and MMS, and the upgrade was Global SMS and MMS.  Some subscribers may still be on the old Canada Wide texting plan.

The only option to all new subscribers  SMS and MMS to everywhere (including Canada), while you are in Canada, connected to the Public Mobile network.

Add on the US Roaming packages that have SMS and MMS while in the US, and it still works the same way.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous logically they wouldn't, but you know what happens when you assume, right?

When I read this it immediately brought back a memory from the Benny Hill Show . . .
Sorry for the off topic comment . . .

ARmalik

Yes, PM should mention it clearly just as Chatr does. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@ARmalik wrote:

Thats what confuses me, there is no clear writing about unlimited Canada Texting... 😞

I think it's just implied. Why would a provider offer a raft of plans that can't be used to send/receive nationally when they don't offer a stand-alone texting add-on.

I suppose rather than saying international, it could say "anywhere on the planet". If that *still* gets questions of "well does it work in my city?" then I don't know what to think of peoples' comprehension skills.

@Anonymous logically they wouldn't, but you know what happens when you assume, right?

For example, most Canadian providers offer "pay per use" rates for calling, texting, or data when you plan doesn't include those feature(s) and some new customers here are surprised when they sign up for a plan that doesn't include one of those services and then they are unable to use it at a pay-per-use rate.  They've assumed that they could, and that assumption isn't true with PM.  It always pays to validate your assumptions and clear up anything you're not clear on before you decide to activate, right?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ARmalik wrote:

Thats what confuses me, there is no clear writing about unlimited Canada Texting... 😞

I think it's just implied. Why would a provider offer a raft of plans that can't be used to send/receive nationally when they don't offer a stand-alone texting add-on.

I suppose rather than saying international, it could say "anywhere on the planet". If that *still* gets questions of "well does it work in my city?" then I don't know what to think of peoples' comprehension skills.

ARmalik

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Effort wrote:

@ARmalik wrote:

Hi,

thank you for your reply but my question still remains there.

besides, international texts, Canada wide text massaging is also free, right?

It would be quite strange if you could text all you want to the US but you only have 100 texts to Canada, Smiley LOL.

@Effort most of us read "UNLIMITED International Textand Picture Messaging" and immediately get that that Canada is also within that scope, but to be honest it's not completely clear.  Also, this thread is definitely not the first time this question has come up, and it definitely won't be the last--it comes up fairly regularly actually.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ARmalik wrote:

Hi,

It would be quite strange if you could text all you want to the US but you only have 100 texts to Canada, Smiley LOL.

@ARmalik wrote:

Hi,

Canada wide texting will be free with that plan.

Keep in mind that all PM plans are prepaid with no overage. So if you haven't paid for it in a plan or add-on you will not be able to do it.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@ARmalik wrote:

Hi 

The 25 dollars package includes Canada wide unlimited massages and unlimited calling province wise? 

I believe you meant to say Unlimited International Text?

Here is a link to an older thread. A MODs clearly says you can send and receive text from anywhere in the world while you are in Canada. However by some response you will see that this is not 100% reliable. Hope this answers your question.

It is best to try it maybe by getting a PM sim and the $10 plan first. Set it up with a new number and try it. This way you will know it works before porting your number and stopping your current plan with another carrier.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

ARmalik

Hi,

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ARmalik wrote:

Hi 

It is unlimited International texting no need fees to text internationally, and you have Province wide calling unlimited

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.