Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$25 credit from walmart?

Dalys
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

new here.

I got a new free sim card on August 11 from walmart and activated a plan there too. i thought i was supposed to get $25 credit within 72 hours. I checked my account, haven't seen the credit. who should ask for help? should i go back to walmart?

Thanks,

28 REPLIES 28

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Suqingguan,

it looks like my colleague has already answered you - please view your messages 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Suqingguan

I also did not receive 25 credit from walmart almost a month. please help  @Moderator_Team

Goodwin

I activated at walmart on August 24th in store, got free SIM card, 30days-$10 plan, the next day PM credited me $25 + $2 autopay, so currently my PM balance is $27, and next pay due is $0 on Sept.24.

Excellent!

@Saudor, are you on a current prepaid plan?  If you're not, you do not have to wait until the end of a billing cycle to change providers, especially when there's a great offer you want to get!

Whether you port-in your number on activation or wait a day or two to ensure service is working.  When you do the port of your number, it will cancel your current plan, and your carrier will calculate your final bill.

As Public Mobile doesn't always say when a plan is ending or give much warning, you might miss out.

I say jump on it sooner, rather than later.

If you currently are on a prepaid plan, make sure you port-out before the end of the cycle - otherwise, your phone number will not be transferable.

sheikhly2

@cdfegab wrote:

it doesnt show up right away. takes couple days to show up. my friend's took 1 week. but eventually it's in her account 🙂 dont worry too much

Thanks cdfegap 🙂

cdfegab
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it doesnt show up right away. takes couple days to show up. my friend's took 1 week. but eventually it's in her account 🙂 dont worry too much

sheikhly2

Same here activated 4 days ago $40 Talk text and data (Walmart) i checked now and did not see any credit added to my acount. 

Saudor

Thank you! I guess the bigger issue now turns to how long the 4.5gb promo lasts (currently in the middle of a billing cycle with my current provider)

@Saudor wrote:

Does anyone know if it's still possible to activate in store (i.e. walmart) if you want to port a number?

It's safer to activate with a new number. Confirm it's working then login to your account at home and transfer your old number from the Change Number page.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

bar0460
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Saudor wrote:

Does anyone know if it's still possible to activate in store (i.e. walmart) if you want to port a number?

You can always activate and port a number at Walmart.  This current $25 promo is available until Sept 6

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/walmart

Saudor

@purbagp, well your brother got lucky then.

The deal is for a 30-day plan, including all three of talk, text, and data.

purbagp

My brother got 10 dollars plan from walmart on the same day but he got 25 dollars credit

bar0460

@purbagp wrote:

I got the 20 dollars province wide calling plan and walmart employee told me that i will get 25 promo credit

To qualify for the Walmart deal the plan must be a 30 day talk, text, and data plan.  The plan you selected does not qualify.

purbagp

I got the 20 dollars province wide calling plan and walmart employee told me that i will get 25 promo credit

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @purbagp   What  is your plan? What are the details?  Not all plans qualify for the credit. 

purbagp

I signed Up at walmart on Saturday August 18 for 20 dollars province wide calling plan but still didn't get 25 dollars bonus. I was told by walmart employee that i will get 25 dollars bonus in 72 hours. Its been over 72 hours but i can only see 12 dollars credit. 2 dollars for auto pay and 10 dollars for friends referral. I just messaged the moderator.

Pound

Activated new line at a Walmart in Scarborough yesterday. Already received the 25 dollar bill credit this morning. Every step so far with Public Mobile is very much to my satisfaction. 

Speed wise. I’d say 3G at Public Mobile is even faster than that of my old Fido’s alleged LTE service. (Mainly used in Scarborough area) 

Dalys

Thanks everyone, @smp99@Dunkman@Scotty2@dna2016@stonechucker. I have messaged moderators. The plan I got is $40 for 4.5 GB 3G data, should be qualified.

smp99

I can't directly assist. But we can point you with direct links to message the moderators.

But, the promo states any talk/text/data plans. You haven't stated what plan you signed up for. Based on the wording, I would think the popular $10 plan does not qualify since it does not have data. 

If you need a moderator, you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 day/weeks but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

Scotty2

@smp99- Are you able to assist @Dalys with this?  In a previous post, you mentioned to me that is should take no more than 72 hours and to let you know if the credit still wasn't applied.

Thanks!

Scotty2

Seems like others in the community aren't aware of the current Walmart promotion.  Here is the link 

$25 Account credit & free SIM card

• Offer expires Sept 6, 2018 
  • Available at participating Walmart locations 
  • In-store only offer 
  • On any 30-day talk, text and data plans 

Scotty2

@Dalys- I had the same type of question.  The difference is that I was told to wait until next month to see the $25 credit on the account.  Looks like Walmart employees are confused as to how this works.  I'm going to do some digging and see what I can find out what the true answer is.

@Dalys

You should qualify for the instore activation $25 credit  If it has been over 72 hours, you will need to contact moderator for credit.  Expect about 24 hour response time.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Recommendation:  do not send multiple message to moderators.  Each message adds to increased waittime response.  

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your account number and PIN code.

smp99

There is a new promo

Activate in store, $25 for new client, free SIM, Walmart or LonDrugs 

If referred, they also get $10 referral credit. Person referring, get standard $1 off

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/londondrugs

In addition, as @will13am point out, there is a WOW promo mobile as well. Free SIM on any 30 day plan, 2nd month free - well a credit equal to the 30 plan cost. I don't know if there is a link for this one.

dna2016

@Dalys, unfortunately as @stonechucker mentioned, the $25 referral credit offer ended August 9th, and you mentioned you activated on August 11, so you missed the deal.  Also, I believe the $25 credit is only available to those who activate from home, or on the standard PM website.  

So I'd say if Walmart was still offering you a $25 credit (even after PM's exipry date of the 9th), and you have it in writing, then I receommned you go back to the Walmart and speak to a manager, because technically PM can't help you with an expired promo.  If they say you need to talk to PM then they are lying, they offered an expired deal and they need to rectify it from their end (such as getting you a $25 Walmart gift card, or $25 worth of cell phone accessories).

Also, although it is not PM's problem, provide all evidence of this Walmart error to the MODS (i.e. copy of the receipt, copy of the promo still being offered after the expiry, location of the Walmart), and maybe the MODS might do you a HUGE favour.  I highly doubt this, but I guess these are your only options.  But also I think PM needs to know of this Walmart location who is still advertising expired deals.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

The $25 friend referral deal ended on August 9th, so even if you followed the instructions to activate 'onlnine', as you activated at the store, it's doesn't apply.

If there's another $25 promo involving Walmart, I'm not aware of it.

smp99

Don't go to Walmart - They don't have anything to to with the credits.

What plan did you sign on to? I think the promo is for talk/text/data plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.