cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$25/90-day No Talk, No Text, No Data -- Purchasing Add-Ons only

tangpho
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to switch my mom over to PM, but she never uses her phone.  Basically only calling for someone to pick her up or emergencies.

My question is if I go with the $25/90-Day No Talk, No Text, No Data plan and purchase the $15/400-min International Talk add-on... does that mean she can use the voice service as long as it takes to consume the 400 mins (what if it takes her a whole year or more)?  Same question for data add-on as well.

Or does the $15/400 min International Talk add-on require a base voice plan to work?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

s2scotty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I too have a friend who's 71 years old and needs a simple phone for occassional and emergncy use. I too went with SpeakOUT (rogers infrastruture) and it really is the most economical solutions for her.

tangpho
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, I will be managing her account for her, SpeakOut would probably be the best option... Thanks, much appreciated it.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@tangphowrote:

I want to switch my mom over to PM, but she never uses her phone.  Basically only calling for someone to pick her up or emergencies.

My question is if I go with the $25/90-Day No Talk, No Text, No Data plan and purchase the $15/400-min International Talk add-on... does that mean she can use the voice service as long as it takes to consume the 400 mins (what if it takes her a whole year or more)?  Same question for data add-on as well.

Thanks!

No, every plan at Public Mobile must include at least one of calling, texting or data. It sounds as though you will be managing her account? I manage the same situation for someone and use https://www.speakout7eleven.ca. Once you are set up $25/year keeps the account open and available for pay-as-you-go calling and texting. Unused balance rolls over too.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.