cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

236 area code

Stavrosautobody
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have province wide free calling but I can't dial 236 area code which is local. I've put 3 tickets for help with a team member and no response in 1 week.

20 REPLIES 20

@gpixel

It's a bad idea to change plan. Fall Promo is an LTE plan and includes 12GB for 90 days. The current $40 plan isn't much more data for 30 days.

@LurganIeUk 

It doesn't change anything where the number is from. Vancouver number or Frediricton would be all the same to make calls.  @Stavrosautobody shouldn't buy an add-on for calls included in the plan.

@stephen_se 

I think the moderators need to reset something in your account. The (236) area code isnt that new. It may cause issues with short codes etc....if its your number but you should have no problem calling it. What happens after the message finishes and you stay on the line? You could try using the lost/stolen feature in your account and see if it reprovisions your sim card to allow you to call that area code.

Log in. Report phone lost. Log out. Wait 1 min. Log in. Report phone found. Log out. Reboot phone. Call the (236) number starting with ( 1 ) if you still get the message stay on the line to see if it connects. Alternatively have the (236) person call you and try calling them back with that contact number already in your phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Buy this add on and see if 236 works. 

400 International Long Distance minutes $15

It includes Canada.  

@stephen_se : can we assume you got the free gift last Dec?

Buy this add on and see if 236 works. 

400 International Long Distance minutes $15

It includes Canada.  

stephen_se
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in the Greater Vancouver area, I have 604 phone number and I can call 604 numbers without any problem. I haven't tried calling 236 numbers until yesterday and realized it doesn't work.

The data for the newer plans seem to be 3G only whereas the fall promo plan was for LTE, so not sure if I want to switch.

I have contacted the moderator via PM and will see if they can help, as I should be able to call BC numbers within the provincial talk plan.

Most of us have Canada wide. What province does your phone number belong to? Also what do you pay for your plan and when did you start with Public Mobile? And when you cannot call the 236 area code where are you located?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stephen_se wrote:

I am on the Fall 2016 promo plan with

• Unlimited Provincial Talk

Are you in fact _in_ BC? Or are you close to the border or gulf islands/south Island?

@stephen_se can I suggest switching to one of the newer plans. they include more data and are Canada wide 

if you decide to do this make sure you manually top up the funds needed for the plan cost. have "available funds" in your account. there are 2 choices, change immediately or change on next renewal. the choice is yours, but if you choose "change immediately" you will lose any remaining data/min your current plan

amount due-01~2.jpeg

stephen_se

I am on the Fall 2016 promo plan with

• Unlimited Provincial Talk

@stephen_se wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried both 236-XXX-XXXX and 1-236-XXX-XXXX and kept getting the same message that this call requires long-distance add-on.

What plan are you on?

stephen_se

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried both 236-XXX-XXXX and 1-236-XXX-XXXX and kept getting the same message that this call requires long-distance add-on.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Stavrosautobody wrote:

I have province wide free calling but I can't dial 236 area code which is local. I've put 3 tickets for help with a team member and no response in 1 week.

236 area code covers ALL of B.C. so you  may have to add a 1 to the number you are calling based on the location of the person you are calling. 

45F5595D-0362-4ED6-B1F8-ADB172619B6A.jpeg

@stephen_se Try dialing a 1 in front of the number. Stay safe. 

stephen_se

Hi, I also have the same problem. I have province wide plan in BC with 604 area code, and try to call 236 area code which is also BC, but it keeps saying it is a long distance call not covered by my plan and asks me to get an add-on. 

Has anyone got this problem fixed?

Thanks.

@Stavrosautobody wrote:

236 doesn't always mean that the call is local. The 236 area code covers the entire province. The fact that pronvincial long distance is included in your plan doesn't mean that a call isn't long distance. That being said, the any long distance calls to non-local places in the province should be going through if you dial 1 before the area code.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Stavrosautobody 

Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox for moderator reply.  NO one will call you.

You can also enable email notification after receiving a private message at your INBOX.
My settings --> PREFERENCES --> Private Messenger --> enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages' --> Save

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Stavrosautobody wrote:

The moderators usually respond fairly quickly.  As stated have you checked your inbox?  As this is a new area code for BC there maybe some issues with some numbers but am hoping that as PM is owned by Telus that they have this new code under control.  Hopefully the dialing 1 in front of the number works

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Stavrosautobody have you checked your inbox? moderators usually respond pretty quick. moderators do not call or text you. check your inbox on the top right corner(the envelope icon). everything is done through private messaging.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Stavrosautobody try dialing a 1 in front of the number see if that allows you to complete the call. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.