cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 seperate convos

Woke_AF3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello new here,

So it only happens when MY boyfriend texts me..

But it'll show up as 2 diffrent conversations but from the same number... Does that make sense? So were having a conversation but some of his texts will start as a new convo even tho its the same one 

13 REPLIES 13

Woke_AF3

Ok thank you

@Woke_AF3    I would try to delete your BF from your contact completely first (no worry, just delete the contact, not a breakup  🤣  )      Make sure on your contact app, you change to read contact from your phone locally, Google , SIM card and make sure your BF contact is deleted from EVERYWHERE.

Then At the messaging app, delete cache.

reboot your phone.

Have your BF to message you again and see.

If it still fail, then you might want to try to use a temp. phone.  Put your SIM onto the temp phone.  Have your BF to text you.  If it is the same, it's a PM issue (then you need to open a ticket with the MOD).   If you just got one copy of the text , which is correct, then it is a phone issue.  You might then want to look further on the phone (maybe even a full re-setup of the phone)

Woke_AF3

No it didnt help and its not duplicate its the same conversation but in 2 seperate conversation so much I can even mute one of the convoys as if it was a diffrent number and like hes calling from a diffrent number but its the same number is this Makin sense

@Woke_AF3 

You receiving an SMS from your BF and also a duplicate SMS notification message.

Try turning off your notification setting on your message app.

Depending on model your LG phone, go to setting>app>messaging>disable notification setting.

I hope this helps.

Woke_AF3

No

@Woke_AF3 

Does one of you have group text enabled?

Woke_AF3

My phone is LG android and his is motorola

Woke_AF3

Only him and he has a motorola

Woke_AF3

No its an android.. LG

If iPhone iMessage. 
1 sent using phone number

1 sent using an email address. 
????

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Woke_AF3 you could also try deleting your BF from your contacts (possibly multiple times)  and re adding him.

@BKNS27  the poster in first line said only BF

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Woke_AF3 

Does this only happens with your BF?

Or with all your texts?

What is type of phone are you and your BF using?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Woke_AF3 

Is it possible you're utilizing iMessage for iPhone -or-  Chat for Android devices?

This could be combining with the SMS messaging creating the perception of what you're experiencing.

Turn OFF iMessaging in your iPhone message app settings , or Chat settings in your Android message app settings.

I would suspect this will stop the experience you're describing.

Need Help? Let's chat.