cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 numbers under 1 Freedom mobile account, how to port only 1 number

iwishiwasai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Everyone!

I am interested to join PB. I currently have 2 lines from Freedom mobile. 

They are under 1 account number. 

How can I port only 1 number to PM?

TL;DR: Have 2 numbers under 1 Freedom mobile account. I want to bring only 1 number to PM.

Please advise!

TIA!

10 REPLIES 10

westottawa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can do that. Just input the number you want port first, and your account number. This will not bother your other phone number still in Freedom. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

I don't know how accounts with multiple numbers are handled at Freedom.

But at Public Mobile you can only link one phone number to each Self-Serve account. So you can port either phone number from Freedom to PM but if you want to keep both phone numbers you'll need two PM accounts. (Although at least you can use one as a Referral for the other to collect some credits and Rewards, and you can select different Plans for each, so the final cost for two PM Plans might still be a good deal for you. ) 

@chukdefatey  at bell I know there is a primary number attached to the data because when I ported out of Bell a few years ago I was the primary and it took off all the data off the account and my sister got a big bill at the end of the month because she was using data she tought she still had.  She called bell and they did reverse the charges and put data back on but maybe it's not that way anymore, I'm just speaking from my experience.  I'm glad some people corrected me about the primary number at freedom mobile! I was just trying to warn them incase it was like that there

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GR wrote:

@iwishiwasai  just make sure you don't port the primary number on the freedom account because that might cancel the data for that plan, I know on Bell family plans all the data is tied to the primary number so if you port that number it removes all the data off that plan! If that's the case just call freedom and tell them to change the primary number on the account but don't cancel anything because the number has to be active to be able to port to public mobile!  Good luck 

I know you are fairly new and became a mayor or deputy mayor fairly quickly but please don't post things you are not sure about because people make decisions based on what they read on the internet.  There is no such thing as a Primary number at Freedom or at any other cell carrier, even if there was if one number is ported out the other will become the Primary Number but like I said at this time there is no such thing as Primary or Secondary Numbers at any Provider. 

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@GR wrote:

@iwishiwasai  just make sure you don't port the primary number on the freedom account because that might cancel the data for that plan, I know on Bell family plans all the data is tied to the primary number so if you port that number it removes all the data off that plan! If that's the case just call freedom and tell them to change the primary number on the account but don't cancel anything because the number has to be active to be able to port to public mobile!  Good luck 

There's no primary or secondary lines on an accoint at Freedom. No family plans either. It doesn't matter which is ported out to Public.

Agreed just enter the number you want to port then complete the balance of the form. Don't forget to sign up for autopay so you get your $2 per month discount.

@GR wrote:

There's no primary or secondary lines on an accoint at Freedom. No family plans either. It doesn't matter which is ported out to Public.

GR
Mayor / Maire

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi - So long as you only port over 1 number, the othe number will stay at Freedom and the Freedom account will remain open. The account only closes when the last final number on the account is ported out. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@iwishiwasai hello you just need to port the number you wish to keep  just make sure you keep your freedom account active until port is complete good luck

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@iwishiwasai wrote:

Hey Everyone!

I am interested to join PB. I currently have 2 lines from Freedom mobile. 

They are under 1 account number. 

How can I port only 1 number to PM?

TL;DR: Have 2 numbers under 1 Freedom mobile account. I want to bring only 1 number to PM.

Please advise!

TIA!

It's the same if you have 1 or 2 lines at Freedom Mobile. You can port 1 or both in.

Need Help? Let's chat.