cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 family members on public mobile away for 2 months

aeis2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, my wife and daughter who both recently made the switch to public mobile has gone on a vacation for 2 months.

I was wondering if i could downgrade their plan to the basic $10 till they come back.

Currently both are paying $25 for the 500mb+500mb.

Or is there other solutions as i don't want to pay for something that is not used.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aeis2000 wrote:

Thank you all.

Never thought i was going to get a reply this early saturday morning.Smiley Happy

Don't let anybody tell you there's no support here. 🙂

Yes account and deeper technical isses will take some time but I've never needed it in my year here.

aeis2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you all.

Never thought i was going to get a reply this early saturday morning.Smiley Happy

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@aeis2000 You will still need to pay if you downgrade and you never know if that plan will still be available after they get back. Best option is to suspend the account for 2 months. You can do this by disabling AutoPay or remove cc if you don't have enough balance to renew. If you have enough balance to renew, then enable lost/stolen feature. The account will hold the number and the plan for upto 90 days on suspended status. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@aeis2000 

That is one option is to switch to $10 plan.  The only risk is if the $25 plan promo stops during the next two months. 

Other option is to remove autopay and go into suspended state.  You have 90 days to re-activate.  If more than 90 days, the plan and number is lost.  You could also report the phone lost/stolen and again, you have the 90 days to report it found or it will be lost forever.  

By going into suspended state or lost phone, your friend will lost their $1 credit until your account becomes active.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aeis2000 wrote:

Hi, my wife and daughter who both recently made the switch to public mobile has gone on a vacation for 2 months.

I was wondering if i could downgrade their plan to the basic $10 till they come back.

Currently both are paying $25 for the 500mb+500mb.

Or is there other solutions as i don't want to pay for something that is not used.

Thank you

If the accounts don't have enough Available Funds then turn off autopay and the service will suspend.

If they do have enough Available Funds then you'll need to use the lost/stolen feature to suspend.

While not relevant in your case...be aware that an account suspended for 91 days will be deactivated permanently.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Yes of course you can.

The other option is suspend your account by reporting your phone as lost/stolen. You will be able to keep the same plan when you are back and report your phone found.

Need Help? Let's chat.