cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 More successful ports!!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

So my sister had been telling me what she was paying monthly for her 2 sons phones on the weekend.  After talking with Telus and them willing to lower the total bill by 15 dollars after she paid out nearly $600 in phone cost charges we began the switch.  Started the first one had it all to the point of  verifying the data before going to port and noticed she had put the month of one birthday and the day of another for the account so we went back and fixed that.  Doing this now gave us an invalid SIM message so we used the next SIM and the port was completed with emails welcoming us and Telus saying they were going to miss him in a minute 2 tops.  Went and started the second one used the first sim as it was a new session and it was accepted got that one all done and the port went the same way with emails instantly.  Except now we had no SIM and instead of playing around I think it was because of the error from our first activation I brought an extra sim and we did a sim change and BOOM up and running.

After 7 months she will have recovered what the phone buy out was and after that saving  $80 a month.  My sister and brother in laws lines will stay with Telus as they are companies phones for their business and I still can't in good faith recommend them to switch when yoru paycheck depends on your phone (Plus it is a business expense)

So my nephews don't share data now have WAY more each then they had combined don't have limited minutes and evening and weekend calling and international texting.

ETA: we only used account number when porting and an alternate number to call if a problem.  Thanks @will13am for the tip that is how all my ports will be done now

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

4 REPLIES 4

@FrankLp wrote:

Kudos, just got my SO parents to consider switching to public they've been out of contract for 2 years and still paid the same they did on the first month. They're skeptical about it since it isn't a major company like bell or telus and saving so much seems impossible for them!

You need to explain to them that it is not a "major brand".  Since the network is 99% of what makes or breaks the service, Public Mobile is fine.  The 1% in customer service level is hardly noticeable. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ShawnC13, that is a very interesting story.  Thanks for sharing.  It is weird that they allowed you to reuse the first SIM card and complete the entire process including submitting a perfectly executed port only to have the SIM not work.  I take this to mean the SIM would not register on the network, not that the phone cannot recognize the SIM.

For business where every hour of down time affects the livelihood, risking that with Public Mobile may not be worthwhile.  Going mid range and being a Koodo customer might be the right move though. 

FrankLp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Kudos, just got my SO parents to consider switching to public they've been out of contract for 2 years and still paid the same they did on the first month. They're skeptical about it since it isn't a major company like bell or telus and saving so much seems impossible for them!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Nice! What plan did you get for them?

Need Help? Let's chat.