cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1G Bonus Flash Sale June 23-25 2020

claricecola
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Community, I'm brand new to Public Mobile and excited to be saving loads of money!

I entered my email address for the flash sale of 1G bonus for the first 6 months.  When will this be reflected on my account? I don't see it in my "Plan", "Rewards" or "Data & Add-On Usage" tabs.

More details below:

• Just before I activated my account, I entered my email for the 1G bonus flash sale: "From June 23-25, get 1GB of bonus data every month for the first 6 months when you activate on select plans online*. Activate by July 10 using the email address you submit below to receive this offer. * Offer applies to $25, $40, and $50 plans."
  • Then I got the confirmation screen: "Thanks for entering your email! This is confirmation that the email address you entered is now eligible for this limited time offer. Follow the steps below and activate with the email address submitted by July 10, 2020."
  • I then activated my account using the same email address.

Thanks for your help!

19 REPLIES 19

claricecola

@vw18 

• When I activated: June 24
  • When I submitted the email address for the bonus: June 24
  • Did I use the same email address at activation: Yes
  • When I noticed the bonus appear in my account: July 20 i.e. 6 business days after the July 10th activation deadline.  However it may well have been added on July 17 (I did not check that day), which would make it exactly 5 business days after the July 10th activation deadline.

On a related note, @darlicious mentioned early in the thread that the timing of this bonus activation is very unfavorable to the customer.  This is because the bonus was activated on the 3rd week of my monthly billing cycle, which means I only have 1 week to benefit from the extra 1G for my first month.  I imagine everyone else who joined under the same bonus are experiencing the same timing disadvantage.  (The finer print as per @LovesToPM says that the remaining bonus will be applied on the renewal date.  I believe this means the bonus will be available for the full month for the subsequent 5 months, which is good.) 

I think this is poor execution on Public Mobile's part, and disappointing to a new user.  In my opinion, a more fair application of this promotion would be to award the bonus upon activation.  An appropriate correction at this point would be to extend the bonus by the number of weeks elapsed between activation and the application of the bonus to the account.  Any experienced community members have advice on this?  Is this worthwhile to pursue this with a moderator?

Thanks!

vw18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Anonymous 

I did submit my email and activated on July 3rd. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vw18 wrote:

@claricecola,

Thanks for getting back to me! I still have not received my bonus, not sure if it has anything to do with the activation day. When did you sign up PM?

@vw18 

What's more important to you is when did you activate? And submit the email address? And did you use the same email address at activation? All before July 10.

You should have received a welcome email from here when you activated. That would be your activation day.

vw18

@claricecola,

Thanks for getting back to me! I still have not received my bonus, not sure if it has anything to do with the activation day. When did you sign up PM?

claricecola

VW18,

I finally see my 1G bonus reflected in my account!  Check your "My Plan & Add-Ons" tab, then scroll down to "My Promotions".  It will also show you how many bonus months you have remaining (e.g. 1/6).

Hope you get yours soon!

@vw18  if all the sign up conditions were met, you don't see it by tomorrow, then contact the moderators and ask them to look into it for you. Also, could you please tell us if its bonus data, or plan data. Thanks. Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If all terms and conditions have been met it will be applied Within 5 business days of July 10th activation deadline.

vw18

Hi all,

I signed up public mobile via this promotion but have not received the 1G bonus promotion. Has anyone received the bonus yet?

Darlicious,

I believe this to be another example of Public Mobile possibly saying something that isn't what they meant. The actual terms state a condition that is not favorable to the customer and looks to be a mistake.

As for my reply to Tanit, this was only meant as a reminder about repetition.

@computergeek541 

Actually @Tanita brings up a good point....shouldnt the bonus data be applied within 5 business days of activation? If it's applied July 15th that's 3 weeks after the OP has activated. It would be easy to use your 1gb of data on the $25 plan in that three weeks....and then you would only have access to the second 1gb for 9 days. (And possibly out of data for a period of time.) Maybe @Tiana should clarify the details of this promo data.

@Tanita 

This question was answered more than 5 hours ago, but your attempt to participate is appreciated. For future, please try to go through the messages before responding.

Tanita

should be updated in 5 business days 🙂 Welcome to PM

@LovesToPM  I looked back at the terms and add first to my post. Yours went into more detail. And I didn't see it when I added the first. Stay safe.  

claricecola

Yep! I made sure I signed up for one of the three eligible plans 😃

@gblackma wrote:

@claricecola  according to the fine print of the offer, once the terms are met, the first 1 gig bonus will be applied within 5 business days of the July 10 deadline. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

@gblackma Have you recently modify your post?

If you did, it kinda makes my previous post look really redundant now.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @claricecola 

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Your account should have the updated info within 5 days. As per promo details:

The 1GB bonus will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans of $25/mo, $40/mo or $50/mo for the first 6 months. The discount will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.

Please note, the first 1GB bonus will be applied within 5 business days of the July 10 activation deadline, the remaining bonus’ will be applied on each renewal date.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@claricecola  according to the fine print of the offer, once the terms are met, the first 1 gig bonus will be applied within 5 business days of the July 10 deadline. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you sign up for the $25, $40, or $50 plan ?

Need Help? Let's chat.