cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan with 4g data addon

chasew
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I see that the $15 plan has 250MB of 3g data if you use autopay, and the 1GB addon is 3g if you have a data plan/4g if you do not have data.

If I subscribe to the $15 plan and don't use autopay, would the addon work as 4g data in that case?

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

I am wondering how the old $10 plan is encoded.

For software development point of view, it is easier to hard coded instead of adding conditional texts to determine whether a plan has data or not.

@popping 

I don't know. But I'll take it. 🙂 So I bit the bullet and did a test.

On my older Nokia Lumia 635 running Windows Phone 8.1 Update testing on the obviously supplied IE while connected to LTE and using dslreports and using their 4G setting and having about 3 bars showing this morning (Jun 26) at around 6:30am PT in an urban area...
16.36 down and 5.47 up.
This is what I call my data line. It's on the $10 plan. It's now drawing from the original promo 5gb from around a year ago after taking a break with the summer and Xmas data. It was activated on the $25 plan and then changed down to the $10 plan.
At this point I didn't care about consumption or time or any other stats for those are interested in those details.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@chasew  try it and let us know what happens. You can always put your autopay credit card back on. Stay safe. 

@popping wrote:

For software development point of view, it is easier to hard coded instead of adding conditional texts to determine whether a plan has data or not.

Anyone with the $10 plan will get full/fast LTE if data is added to the account.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@chasew wrote:

I see that the $15 plan has 250MB of 3g data if you use autopay, and the 1GB addon is 3g if you have a data plan/4g if you do not have data.

If I subscribe to the $15 plan and don't use autopay, would the addon work as 4g data in that case?

There was a discussion on this a while ago and one of the Oracles (now retired-still active) stated that the $15 plan is encoded as "3G". I can only assume he learned that by way of upper Oracle information sharing with the company.

I think that glitch is there too (wts 🙂 ) . Which would mean adding a data add-on would come out as "3G".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chasew wrote:

There was a discussion on this a while ago and one of the Oracles (now retired-still active) stated that the $15 plan is encoded as "3G". I can only assume he learned that by way of upper Oracle information sharing with the company.

I think that glitch is there too (wts 🙂 ) . Which would mean adding a data add-on would come out as "3G".

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@chasew no it doesn't. all plans are 3g now. I think there's a glitch that you still get the 250mb even without autopay

Need Help? Let's chat.