cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 Plan

Aaron2229
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, 

Was wondering if any of you guys know how the minutes consumption works for the 15$ plan. I have recently singed up for this plan and I thought that the incoming calls were free, but when I checked my usage recently it showed that I have used 12mins out of my 100mins. Do you guys know why this issue might have happened? I have not made any outgoing calls since I´ve signed up. 
Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

The "usage history" tells you nothing about if a call consumed minutes or not from the $15 plan.

The only way to tell is to pay attention to the minutes counter on the overview page - compare before and refresh it after a call.

These calls do not consume minutes:

- Incoming

- outgoing to toll free

- call forwarding

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Aaron2229 wrote:

Hey guys, 

Was wondering if any of you guys know how the minutes consumption works for the 15$ plan. I have recently singed up for this plan and I thought that the incoming calls were free, but when I checked my usage recently it showed that I have used 12mins out of my 100mins. Do you guys know why this issue might have happened? I have not made any outgoing calls since I´ve signed up. 
Thanks! 

@Aaron2229   Yes the current $15 plan has unlimited incoming minutes.  As to how you may have used any of your outgoing mins, have you retrieved your voicemail messages?  This will use any outgoing mins, as well it's good idea to keep in mind that all calls are rounded up to the nearest minute, so a 1 min 10 sec outgoing/voicemail retrieval call would actually deduct 2 mins from your available outgoing mins.  You can opt to retrieve voicemail from another phone instead which will not eat into your available mins too.

I would suggest purchasing the $5/500 Canada wide mins add-on to supplement your $15 plan as the mins on this add-on can be used whenever you've used up your plan minutes before renewal cycle.  Also any remaining mins on the add-on will keep rolling over every cycle until depleted.  It's cheap and a great back up for the times you've used up all your plan mins.

Many users here also suggest to download the TextNow app which provides unlimited free calling and texting and can also be used to retrieve your voicemail without using plan mins.

Need Help? Let's chat.