cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15/M plan

holden2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
if i call 1888.....customer servise ,maybe will wait and talk an hour or longer, are there times included in the free 100 minutes? and if i talk over 100 minutes in a month,how to calculate the money? 15/Mplan
thanks
11 REPLIES 11

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The $15prepaid plan is good for 30 days, not a month. If you used up your mins, data each month you will not be able to continue unless you purchase a add-on in that 30day cycle.  People still can call you if your 100 mins are used up. These add-ons do not expire until they are used up. $5 buys 500 Canada wide outgoing mins.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
So far, I've been pleased to note that 888/800 numbers that I call aren't subtracted from the limited number of minutes in this plan.

Note that calls are generally billed by the minute.

As noted, there is an add-on that you can apply to your account through the Self-Serve option - $5 for 500 minutes.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@holden2021 

Because if glitch it will be free (for now, it is very likely to change in the future)

If you ever have to call for a very long time and if it's not toll free number but it's in Canada, this is what i do:

Download and get yourself free Fongo account

Use your fongo to call for free your cell (incoming=free)

Answer and go back to your Fongo app

Transfer call to destination number

Fongo will disconnect and only your cellphone and destination number are in call

You used 0.07 megs of your WiFi  to make this call and it's incoming for your cell (Fongo made two outgoing calls and left the conversation)

@holden2021...

With Public Mobile, there are no "overage fees" to worry about. If you use up all your 100 talk plan minutes...your ability to place a call just stops until either next renewal or you purchase one of the several inexpensive calling add-ons...as suggested by @shep22 

You can get an add-on for $5 that gives you an additional 500 minutes of Canada wide calling...if you do use up your 100 plan minutes this add-on will take over until your next renewal. Any unused add-on minutes will just roll over to next month...so they could last several months or longer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 : Yes me too. But...y'know...official. Subject to change at any time without notice.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@holden2021 wrote:
if i call 1888.....customer servise ,maybe will wait and talk an hour or longer, are there times included in the free 100 minutes? and if i talk over 100 minutes in a month,how to calculate the money? 15/Mplan
thanks

@holden2021 I have not been charged minutes for 1 800 numbers don't forget there is a very cheap add on 500 minutes for 5 dollars ,it stays on your account until all used up

holden2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

your response is too comprehensive,thank you very much

@Anonymous wrote:

@holden2021 : Officially, yes. But generally they don't. Try a call for less than a minute and then refresh the overview page counter and see.

Several times, I've called the toll-free Westjet number and listened to music for an hour...no minutes deducted from my $15 plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@holden2021 : Officially, yes. But generally they don't. Try a call for less than a minute and then refresh the overview page counter and see.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

I've called 888 and 800 numbers with my $15 plan and minutes do not get used.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @holden2021 your call to 888 number or any free calling number will use up your limited minutes.  Once the free 100 minutes are used up, you won't be able to call out anymore.  Public Mobile is prepaid so after your used up the 100 minutes included in your $15 plan, it is gone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.