cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15.00 Plan

tanyaluke
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When it states that you can have Incoming Calls, where can these calls come from? Is it from anywhere across Canada or just local phone calls?

9 REPLIES 9

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The $15 is good value for what you get. If you need more outgoing mins in Canada,  a $5 add-on gives you 500 mins, which does not expire until you use them up. Same with Data, you can purchase a data add-on $15 gets you 1gig which does not expire until you use them up. With the rewards system you can bring down the cost per month.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It’s a solid plan at a solid price. I remember like fifteen years ago Telus had the same plan without data. Just unlimited incoming and very little minutes. The plan cost was 25 or 30 $ a month. Actually it might have been a little more than fifteen years ago since I had a flip phone haha. So yeah If i knew it would be a long conversation i would call someone then hang up before they’d pickup and they’d call me back. I was in high school at the time and paying my own phone. 

@tanyaluke 

The $15 plan has free incoming calls from anywhere in the world. It has 100 outgoing minutes. Pm has per minute usage so its "billed" at one minute or any portion there of: 5 sec=1 min. 30 sec=1 min. 59 sec=1 min. 1 min, 17 sec=2 min and so on. If your call connects the timer starts when you dial the number. Calls to 911 and 611 do not incur " billing" nor do non international destination toll free (1-800) and similar government toll free numbers.

Calling your voicemail does count towards your 100 incoming minutes when using your own phone. They do not count from a different device/number. Simply dial your number and once it connects press (*) and enter your pin #. You can then manage your voicemail, check calls etc...from there. Incoming calling that go unanswered will be forwarded to your voicemail (appearing as your number) to your local area code (XXX) 587-4001.

Its often recommended to purchase the $5/500min canada wide calling add on to back up this plan. It stays in your account each cycle until its completely used then it will disappear from your overview and usage pages. It ensures you don't get cut off in the middle of an importannt phone call. However you will get a text warning from pm at 90% usage (10 min remaining).

For other outgoing calling options to save on usage check out apps such as fongo, textnow and whatsapp to install on your phone for use while on wifi or for apps like fongo you can use it to make  calls using mobile data (0.5mb per min/25mb=50 min of calling.)

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tanyaluke :So, now that the answers to your question have been posted to this thread you created, you should choose one reply as your accepted solution by clicking on the accepted solution button above the post that helped you most - doing so will mark this thread as solved as will also help others in the future who had similar questions as you.

sunflowershine

@tanyaluke Incoming call is free for the $15 plan (the latest one). 100 minutes are for calling out. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tanyaluke it is 100 minutes of outgoing calls in Canada and unlimited incoming calls. 
You can also get free 250mb of data if you go with autopay.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@tanyaluke 

Anyone in the whole world can call you. (as long as YOU'RE in Canada)

And it's free to answer and talk all you want.

TheGx

@tanyaluke :Anywhere at all.

@tanyaluke wrote:

When it states that you can have Incoming Calls, where can these calls come from? Is it from anywhere across Canada or just local phone calls?

It's for caller who contact you from anywhere while you are in Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.