cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15.00 Plan

ecowen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does "Unlimited International Texts"  mean ALL texts, local plus texts from anywhere?

7 REPLIES 7

ecowen

Thanks for the great answer.  You sound like the same type of user I am.

bill_103
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah the 15$ plan is pretty amazing and you get data as well as 100 minutes and unlimited texts if you set up auto pay its pretty unbeatable for low data users. And with auto pay you also get 2$ off/30day making the plan even cheaper. Not to mention the other ways of getting the cost down each month like friend referrals. As long as you only use the data for gps, email and the odd web search you shouldn't run out as that is what i use my data for mostly and works great.

As to the texts yes your texts can go to anyone in the world while you are in Canada. Just be careful that when you are in the United States or other countries you look into get the proper roaming add on so that if on vacation there you can get it to work there as well.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Porting your number is very easy. There is something to know though and that is that it will take a while once you start the process. Mobile to Mobile will take up to half a day (If it takes longer than 24 hours usually there is a problem)

Landline to Mobile take a few business days up to a week.

VOIP takes up to a week.

You should take a random number from the pool then after your account is good to go, start the port process.

Feel free to send me a PM if you need someone to help walk you through it. 

@ecowen wrote:

This sounds too good to be true!!  As soon as my old plan is done, I'll move to Public.  Just have to figure out how to keep my number.

@ecowen If you want to keep your phone number sign up for Public Mobile at least a few days before your old plan expires (your old account must be active to move your number). Resister initially with a new number then go into your new self-serve account and go to Change Number on the main page, then select to move your number from another provider.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

yes you can send texts to anywhere in the world, hence international in the name

ecowen

This sounds too good to be true!!  As soon as my old plan is done, I'll move to Public.  Just have to figure out how to keep my number.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ecowen wrote:

Does "Unlimited International Texts"  mean ALL texts, local plus texts from anywhere?

Yes it does. As long as you're in Canada, you can send / recieve all the texts you want ...from anywhere. Welcome to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.