cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

120 PROMO PLAN REMOVED FROM MY ACCOUNT - ***RESOLVED BY A MOD***

misterp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'd just like to warn everybody about the 120 promo plan. I was under the impression that the plan would be honoured past the due date due to the technical issues.

I signed up on Nov 14 and the port didn't go through until Nov 18, but I was signed up and my account showed that I was on the $120 promo plan. I thought I was good.

Yesterday I received an email from Public Mobile saying that my account was 'fixed.' I went in and saw that my plan changed to the full price, $186. I emailed back and forth explaining that I was signed up before Nov 20, which my plan clearly shows, but they are firm that the promotion has expired and I will be paying full price.

I had the plan on Nov 14 and it was replaced on Nov 24:

Capture.PNG

And I'm now having to pay $186:

Capture.PNG

Buyer beware.

I'm looking to leave asap and will be looking into a CRTC complaint.

@Dave_M

10 REPLIES 10

Bolado
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

He opened his ticket when he signed up technically.  Then he resolved his own issue and someone touched his account and messed it up,  so in the end it took 14 days.

pamorin

Hey @Mary_M

how come he gets his account fixed in about 3 days and I am 5 days without any service at all.  I pivate messaged the mods, but I get no response from anybody.  It was written somewhere that request were handled first in first out.  What gives?

clavijo

hi , i wish to understand how people don't understand self serve, when you do anything here is handle by a computer , a computer only does what was programmed to, that is why we have MODS, they are the only humans that we can talk to and ask for solutions to a problem, unfortunately we don't have a lot of MODs, in most forums MODS don't get pay in some may get certain bonuses, we have to be thankful to this MODS that are working very hard to keep us happy

cheers

Great, I thought initially it was a Glitch in system, and happy that you have spectacular service

misterp

Mary looked into it and fixed my account, so the problem is resolved. I'm hoping nobody else had their plan altered by the same Public Mobile rep I did!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @misterp,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention !

I'm really sorry to hear that your plan did not activated as requested 😕 Can you please private message me your phone number as well as your account number ? 

I'll look into this for you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Bolado
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think the mods have the most power in public mobile.  I missed a call from public mobile, so I called them back,  they had no power in changing or modifying my account to get it active.  The people emailing you probably are in the same position.  They did the same thing to my account, but they modified it prior to 20. I think the reason they did it is so your start date starts later so your renewal is later for the downtime loss, to keep you happy.   Service works, just keep calm and chive on, and a mod will eventually service you.  You have 3 months to ball bust until your renewal.  Let me know if you get bonus life time credits for the grief.

galaxy2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is so frustrating!!

It's really irresponsible and absolutely wrong for Public Mobile to continue to roll out these future dated plan change options when they haven't resolved the technical issue/bug which has been known to them for a while now. They should ensure they are able to deliver what they had promised before taking customer's money. They have no problem taking our money but they can't fix ONE bug, and now aren't even willing to honour your plan.

I'm one of the many who had messaged one of the Mods and still waiting for some sort of acknowledgement that my message has been received. No timeline as to when customers can expect the change to be honoured. This is absolutely ridiculous. Never in my life experienced such bad customer service.

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Makes no sense!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

That just isn't right I will be watching mine for sure.  Everything they have provided here has said the promo pricing would carry on and you are able to prove you had it in time.  I hope this gets straightened out for you

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.