cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 referral coupon redeem

harveyjulianne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi community,

I am new to this service and I tried redeeming a $10 off but it doesn't seem to be taking automatically when i register, is it normal? does it take a few days before reducing the amount? or will it appear on next month? thanks !!

11 REPLIES 11

@harveyjulianne wrote:

Thanks! I haven't yet activated my SIM card as there seem to be an issue at the payment phase... I have opened a ticket for that! 🙂

@harveyjulianne  While waiting for the moderators to respond try the sim in your phone. In some cases the account will get activated even if it shows an error during the payment setup phase.

If your phone connects to the Public Mobile network, try dialing *611 is your account active? If yes, then try accessing your selfserve account.

If your sim does not connect to PM's network then you can wait for about ~an hour for the current session lock to clear and try the activation again. Make sure when entering you credit card address you use uppercase and enter the address exactly as it appears on your credit card statement minus any apartment or unit information. Also, do not include any special characters as part of the address.

Hope this helps!

@harveyjulianne Here's 4 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if required:

1. What you require to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/what-you-need-to-activate
2.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
3.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
4. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

harveyjulianne

Thanks! I haven't yet activated my SIM card as there seem to be an issue at the payment phase... I have opened a ticket for that! 🙂

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you forgot to, or couldn't, add it during activation contact the moderators. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@harveyjulianne wrote:

Hi community,

I am new to this service and I tried redeeming a $10 off but it doesn't seem to be taking automatically when i register, is it normal? does it take a few days before reducing the amount? or will it appear on next month? thanks !!

You will have this applied to your next month's bill. Public says it takes about 72 hours for it to apply. If you find you do not see it in your self serve account after that time make sure to contact the moderators and request that it be applied. You can only apply this once to your account.

Here is a direct contact for the moderators: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@harveyjulianne wrote:

Hi community,

@harveyjulianne  The referral code must be entered at the time of activation. Make note of the code and make sure you are entering correctly as some contain the letter O and some the number 0 or both.

If you still can't enter he correct code ten complete the activation and submit a ticket to Public, explain what happened and they will add it for you.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

One2Many
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The $10 referral, should be applied to your account either the next coming soon or the month after. When you don't get that, you need the PM moderator to intervene with a request assistance with a subject $10 referral not yet received. Hope this help anyone who is waiting for it and you will receive it eventually. Just be patient and check it on monthly basis your account.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@harveyjulianne hello when you said you tried redeeming your $10 what did you mean were you trying to buy an add on? The $10 credit will go into your account and it will reduce your next months bill by $10 automatically unless like I say you were trying to buy an ad on you can spend for that also

lisapoulin222

I just joined public mobile. It took a day or two for the funds to be added.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@harveyjulianne it appears automatically in your self service account within 72 hours.  You pay the full amount of your plan when you register. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Have you activated your SIM card?  Thanks. 

Need Help? Let's chat.