cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 plan

Grahamk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For the $10 plan which has 50 minutes of talk time, do incoming calls count toward the 50 minutes?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Himanshu1 wrote:

Hi 

If you go to the plans page, you will see that there isn't an unlimited incoming call row in the $10 plan (compare it against the $15+ plans which has this). So, incomming calls will be deducted from the 50 minutes you get 

Nope. I'm with mimmo. The add-ons cover incoming. It's only texting that is the real limitation. But there are work arounds.

Maybe some day someone can test whether a US caller will use the 500 after plan minutes are used. I'll test for that the next time I'm out of the 50. But then I also still have some 200 left so it might just use those minutes.

Himanshu1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi 

If you go to the plans page, you will see that there isn't an unlimited incoming call row in the $10 plan (compare it against the $15+ plans which has this). So, incomming calls will be deducted from the 50 minutes you get 

@mimmo wrote:

I personally prefer the $10 plan with the $5, 500 minute addon.  I think it is better value than the $15 plan with unlimited incoming. 

If you essentially don't "do" outgoing texts... 😉

@mimmo wrote:

I personally prefer the $10 plan with the $5, 500 minute addon.  I think it is better value than the $15 plan with unlimited incoming. 

True only if texting is not a requirement. If texting is important then the $15 plan is preferable since a text addon does not exist.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Grahamk wrote:

For the $10 plan which has 50 minutes of talk time, do incoming calls count toward the 50 minutes?

@Grahamk Yes. Take a look at the $15 plan it includes unlimited incoming minutes and 100 outgoing minutes and unlimited texting. 

@Triguy wrote:

YES, incoming calls use up your 50 minutes of talk time.  When you run out of minutes, there will not be any additional charge (since this is a prepaid service). However, you will no longer be able to receive or make any calls.  That said, If you want to have extra minutes available in case you use up the 50 minutes, you can buy a long distance add-on ($8 for 200minutes).  The add-n minutes will only get used if you run out of your 50 minutes.  Also, the 200 minute add-on does not expire.  Whatever you do not use stays in your account until the next month, and then the next month, etc.

Unless they need US calling (which isn't included in their base plan) the $5 for 500minutes Canada wide would be better value?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

YES, incoming calls use up your 50 minutes of talk time.  When you run out of minutes, there will not be any additional charge (since this is a prepaid service). However, you will no longer be able to receive or make any calls.  That said, If you want to have extra minutes available in case you use up the 50 minutes, you can buy a long distance add-on ($8 for 200minutes).  The add-n minutes will only get used if you run out of your 50 minutes.  Also, the 200 minute add-on does not expire.  Whatever you do not use stays in your account until the next month, and then the next month, etc.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Grahamk  yes it does 

$10 30-days

• 50 MINUTES Canada-wide Talk
  • UNLIMITED Incoming Text
  • 50 TEXTS Outgoing International Text
  • VOICEMAIL⁹ & Call Display

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

Hi yes they do Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.