cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 plan showing a call and 10 sms but I sent none

Zooloo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi new to PM and only activated SIM this afternoon. Checking my account I have 10 sms sent but I have not sent any, also a call made to a number that I did not call. How can I get this explained/ reversed??

Zooloo

11 REPLIES 11

@srlawren, whitelisting to me is no different than Rogers providing the NHL pkg at no cost (previously at least) to new and current subscribers, as part of their bundle deals.  I don't even like hockey! (Don't take my passport, curling is a much better Canadian (made in Scotland) sport).

If anything, providers should allow the choice of a white-listing service to everyone, for the service they wish to use most.  It's a pipe dream I know... but I love my Spotify!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous it would be even better if PM could/would whitelist the iCloud and Google short codes and exclude them automatically from usage count; however, from past disucssions I believe they may not be allowed to under net neutrality rules.  I may be wrong here but I don't think they're allowed to give preferential service to any specific services, which is why they don't/can't do this.  I'd love to be wrong and for PM to actually do this though.  We see a lot of these types of threads after the $10 plan launched.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent wrote:

@Anonymous, 

Thank you for your comment, however, those messages are sent by the device itself and it's not a Public Mobile service related issue but rather a device issue. If we adjust it's for the simple reason that the customer did not use them and was not aware that those texts messages were being sent. 

Hopefully, this clarifies why the offered solution was applied. 

Thank you! 

That's...what I said?? I well understand it's the device. My comment has to do with you officially setting the text counter back for people. Nice and all but I think unnecessary when it's not your fault.

Thanks for the reply though.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Anonymous, 

Thank you for your comment, however, those messages are sent by the device itself and it's not a Public Mobile service related issue but rather a device issue. If we adjust it's for the simple reason that the customer did not use them and was not aware that those texts messages were being sent. 

Hopefully, this clarifies why the offered solution was applied. 

Thank you! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS_Agent wrote:

On our end, I have adjusted your text messages and put back 15 and 8 text messages respectively on your accounts. You may check that through your self-serve account.

So that makes it official (maybe something like this was posted some time before? ). PM will adjust the text counter upon request even though it's not of their doing.

Nice customer service but I think entirely unnecessary and just adds to the volume of private messages they have to deal with when the regulars here send them their way.

How about fixing things rather than providing compensations. ie. the Android 8.1 APN problem. Amongst many others. (and no I'm not saying this text problem is PM's to fix)

Zooloo

Looking a bit further and searching the shortcode I came across previous threads on 474663 message. Thanks for the support, mod has contacted and hopefully all will be right going forward.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/outgoing-messages-to-474663/td-p/66707

srlawren

@slash407 actually, 1st party.  On iPhones, it's Apple's iCloud service.  On Android phones, it's Google's dialer app.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zooloo wrote:

Ok thanks for the details. Maybe is to do with iPhone. I was not aware that messages could send without me initiating. Have sent pm to Moderator_Team. Thanks for the advice. Also set up 2 android based on higher plans today though they seem to show uaage I am aware of.

It's just that it matters with the limited outgoing plan. No one cares with the unlimited plans.

But it's a device thing...not a Public Mobile thing.

Zooloo

Ok thanks for the details. Maybe is to do with iPhone. I was not aware that messages could send without me initiating. Have sent pm to Moderator_Team. Thanks for the advice. Also set up 2 android based on higher plans today though they seem to show uaage I am aware of.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Zooloo wrote:

Hi new to PM and only activated SIM this afternoon. Checking my account I have 10 sms sent but I have not sent any, also a call made to a number that I did not call. How can I get this explained/ reversed??

Zooloo

@Zooloo

If you log-in to self serve and click “View My Usage” you will see the outgoing text and the number it was sent to. The most common issue is both iPhones (imessage) and Google (android) phones use SMS to set up things when you first sign up a new number / phone / provider / restart phone. I use android not Iphone so not sure how to disable that. But as for Andriod you can remove texting permissions from the “Dialer” app.

There is also a chance if someone sent you a message (even if you didn’t respond) your phone will send a “delivery confirmation” back without your knowledge that will count as 1 of your outgoing text. That should be disabled as well.

Also send a private message to the moderator team Click this to send them a message with your PIN & Phone number and explain what happened. Since your plan is limited 50 texts and they were not done with you it is likely they will offset these message

mimmo

There are many instances of this .it's typically iMessages setting something up for apple or the dialer app in android.

For Android disable sms privlages from the app

Need Help? Let's chat.