cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 minutes left in plan - though we have 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance add-on

Gpalovesall10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My husband received the following text March 2, 2020 - "Public Mobile here. You have 10 minutes left in your plan.  Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options."  It is true that he has used 90/100 minutes, but anticipating we would do more than 100 minutes of calling per month, we added 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance, of which he has used 96 minutes.  Doesn't the 500 minutes cover our local calls as well as long distance?  By the way, he is registered for Auto-Pay, as well.

19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

Thanks @Anonymous . Do you also get a 10 text messages left warning too?

Yes.

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

disregard the warning message, that is set up for the regular plan info, not including add ons and bonus's

Gpalovesall10

Okay, thank you.

Gpalovesall10

Sounds good, thank you.

Gpalovesall10

Thank you.

Gpalovesall10

The number from which the text came was 611.  

Gpalovesall10

Thank you, that's reassuring.

Gpalovesall10

Yes, thank you, it does make sense.

Gpalovesall10

Thank you for your helpful and detailed reply.

Gpalovesall10

Thank you.  That's helpful to know.

Thanks @Anonymous . Do you also get a 10 text messages left warning too?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma 

It's 10 minutes left. Not 90%. I get the same 10 minute warning on the $10 plan.

It's from 611.

lorca01

Yup @Gpalovesall10 you have 10 minutes left in your plan. Your 500 minutes will kick in after that.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I believe the text warning is letting you know that the block of 100 is dwindling. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Gpalovesall10, another PM er received a message from 611 notifying them of the need to update their expiring credit card. I believe this is also a new message notifying customers on the limited minute plans when they have used 90% of their 10 minutes left. Could you please post the number where this message was sent from? Thanks . 

If this is the case, the message will not take your add on into account. The switch should still be seamless and the Canada wide add on will still expire only when used up. And be valid for local and long distance Canadian calls.

@Gpalovesall10 wrote:

My husband received the following text March 2, 2020 - "Public Mobile here. You have 10 minutes left in your plan.  Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options."  It is true that he has used 90/100 minutes, but anticipating we would do more than 100 minutes of calling per month, we added 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance, of which he has used 96 minutes.  Doesn't the 500 minutes cover our local calls as well as long distance?  By the way, he is registered for Auto-Pay, as well.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gpalovesall10 wrote:

The alert message is based on the your plan minutes usage only.  It does not count the add-on minutes you have.  After using all 100 minutes, you phone will use the add-on minutes until next renewal.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

500 minutes of calls from Canada to Canada.

Those will stay on the account until completely used up, so after your renewal you will start using up your 100 minutes, when done you will be using your 404 minutes that she left.

Though you are on autopay once when you use up those 500 minutes you will have to login and buy another 500. Hope that makes sense.

To call USA you would have to buy 200/$8 or 400/$15

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Gpalovesall10 wrote:

@Gpalovesall10  If you log into  "My Self-serve" account it will show you the exact amount that has been used. If it is showing 90/100 then yes most likely he has used it.

If you have the 500mins addon you can ignore the text you got. Yes, the long-distance plan you have will cover calling Canada wide.

If you guys are on auto-pay, let it do its thing and it will automatically renew.

If you require more mins. You can always add another 500mins Canada wide to your account.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gpalovesall10 

Normal. It will also seamlessly flow over to the 500 minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.