cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 OFF Promo

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,  

My friend wants to port his number to Public Mobile. Please let me know the procedure how to port his existing number to Public mobile & how he will get $10 OFF Promo for 6 months ?  How long it will take to port the number ?

2nd thing, if he buys sim from THE MOBILE SHOP (Super Store) can they activate his sim or he has to activate by himself Online to get that promotion. How I'll receive referral bonus ?   

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

@rockedout wrote:

Hi, I just ported from Virgin and I chose $40 3G 5Gb plan.  So my bill will say $40 and i will get $10 promotion reward that can be applied to the next bill cycle? I ported over for the $10 off for next 6 months promotion and when I was signing up, it didn't mention anything about that.

You are right..you will get $10 promotion reward that can be applied to the next bill cycle 2 to 6  month...be patient you will see it in your available funds in your self serve account.

That's what a moderator wrote few minuts ago...

Please allow me to share with you the following information about it. 

• The $10 account credit will be applied to your account every 30 days in months 1-6 and can be used for future plan renewals. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Credits 2-6 will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will receive a text message when each credit has been applied. You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for the $10 account credits.
  • As long as you continue to be on any $30+ plan (30-day plans) or a $90+ plan (90-day plans), the promo will not be lost if you switch plans.

rockedout
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just ported from Virgin and I chose $40 3G 5Gb plan.  So my bill will say $40 and i will get $10 promotion reward that can be applied to the next bill cycle? I ported over for the $10 off for next 6 months promotion and when I was signing up, it didn't mention anything about that.

Doonerz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

From recent experience porting time from two different carriers:

1. Speakout = less than 2 minutes!

2. Telus = about one hour

Of course, as noted, this varies!

rennski
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I suggest doing what mimmo said about using a temporary number first, or at least be prepared for the port transfer to take longer than 30 minutes. 

I just moved from Telus and the transfer took about 20 hours instead of 30 minutes.

As for the promotion, it says you'll get it credited per month to be used for months 2-7.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Sharry19 wrote:

Hi,  

My friend wants to port his number to Public Mobile. Please let me know the procedure how to port his existing number to Public mobile & how he will get $10 OFF Promo for 6 months ?  How long it will take to port the number ?

2nd thing, if he buys sim from THE MOBILE SHOP (Super Store) can they activate his sim or he has to activate by himself Online to get that promotion. How I'll receive referral bonus ?   

Thanks

In case the answers were not clear, the $10 promo is automatic and will show in their account somewhere early in the month starting with their first renewal. (Make sure to check and confirm it is there a couple days before renewal)

Porting varies instant for most carriers to 7 days for landlines. Depending on where they port from the average I estimate to be a couple hours. If it is Koodo prepaid do not attempt to port just contact the MODs. 

To Contact the Moderators click this link and describe in detail your situation.

Activation, with this particular promo is either instore or online. I will point out online is reasonably simple.

Your referral will show up automatically and you should get a text letting you know that someone used you for referral. Again confirm after about a week that it is showing in your self serve account.

@Luddite wrote:

@Sharry19 And my favourite word of caution: BE PREPARED

Cudo's on the "Be Prepared", a very good read.

EDIT @Sharry19 as others mentioned, I also strongly recommend taking a new number first then make sure everything is working fine, text in/out, calls in/out including long distance and data. Once all that is confirmed then log into their self serve and do the port.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Sharry19 And my favourite word of caution: BE PREPARED

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai the current promo is online and in store. 

You are right! It is usually online only, not this time 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai the current promo is online and in store. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sharry19 I would activate with a temporary number, then once line working well port. 

To port you need old company account number and name on account exatly as on bill. 

You can activate at mobile shop or do it at home.  In both cases you should be able to enter referral. Make sure you mention that you want to add a referral number. 

If doing it in store your friend Will need to create a Self-serve account to access and mange their account

Porting can take up to 2 hours if it is a mobile line. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Sharry19 Yes, your friend can port in while activating or port in later from self-serve account. I recommend to choose a new number when you activate and then later when things are fine, port from your self-serve account. 

All details for the promo are listed here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Activate-any-30-mo-plan-and-get-10-off-...

Yes, you can buy the sim from store. make sure to activate yourself and not in store. Or else you will not qualify for the promo as its online activation only. 

EDIT: The $10 for 6 months is for online or in store activation.

Need Help? Let's chat.