cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 50 plan

Anasidris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a basic plan for my son $10/50m, are they calculate the income and outcome call? We got the following message when we try to make a call: " you don't have an active long distance add on" and if also unable to receive calls as well,  the mail box comes directly.

8 REPLIES 8

@geopublic wrote:

@Anasidris wrote:

I have a basic plan for my son $10/50m, are they calculate the income and outcome call?

@Anasidris  Yes.

We got the following message when we try to make a call: " you don't have an active long distance add on" and if also unable to receive calls as well,  the mail box comes directly.

Login to selfserve. If the Phone minutes counter is not showing then you have used up all call minutes. If that is the case consider getting you son the $15 per 30 days package because it includes unlimited incoming call, 100 outgoing call, unlimited texting and if you use autopay 250 MB of data.

If you want to keep the $10 plan then best to purchase a 500 minute add-on for $5.00 to use as backup when the 50 minutes have been consumed.

This good advice...if your minutes and text are used up ( or almost) consider this) : there is no texting add on only the $5/500 min option. Good value and insurance for the $10 and $15 plans. If your renewal is not for awhile or even a couple of days change to the $25 plan now. You'll have service immediately.  Have your son get his friends etc...call him or text. He can also text people to call him back. Monitor the outgoing call usage to see if you need or want to add the $5/500min add on. It rolls over every month til done anyways so it will just sit there til needed.

After a couple of minutes, log back ib to My Account / Plan and Add-ons / Lost -Stolen...click Resume, then log out and restart your phone.

Stay Safe!

notyet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To fix the problem, for how long I keep the phone as lost before changing back to found.

Tweetynumair
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A number of people seem to have gotten that msg saying that you don't have a long distance add-on even when they are trying to dial local calls.  If you are dialing a local number and you have checked your self serve account and it says you still have minutes, try the lost phone trick (in self serve acct, set phone as LOST, then set as FOUND).  Other people seem to have been able to get their phone to call properly again.  

@Anasidris 

The counter counts by minutes, not seconds. It starts when the phone starts dialing (not when picked up). Checking voicemail and call forwarding also uses up minutes.

$10 plan is for very Light users. Either buying talk add on or changing plans are options. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Anasidris wrote:

I have a basic plan for my son $10/50m, are they calculate the income and outcome call?

@Anasidris  Yes.

We got the following message when we try to make a call: " you don't have an active long distance add on" and if also unable to receive calls as well,  the mail box comes directly.

Login to selfserve. If the Phone minutes counter is not showing then you have used up all call minutes. If that is the case consider getting you son the $15 per 30 days package because it includes unlimited incoming call, 100 outgoing call, unlimited texting and if you use autopay 250 MB of data.

If you want to keep the $10 plan then best to purchase a 500 minute add-on for $5.00 to use as backup when the 50 minutes have been consumed.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Anasidris wrote:

I have a basic plan for my son $10/50m, are they calculate the income and outcome call? We got the following message when we try to make a call: " you don't have an active long distance add on" and if also unable to receive calls as well,  the mail box comes directly.

The $10 plan has 50 minutes in total which means incoming and outgiong and once you've used them up you won't be able to make anymore calls.  But you can purchase the $5/500 Canada wide minutes to supplement your plan.  These minutes will not expire until you've used them up. 

Log into your account and select add-ons and then from there select add-on of $5/500 mins, then you will be prompted to first add funds, do that and then go in and select your add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.